Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Which Pram?

Slee is offline Registered User

Jane, the pushchair splits in two so that's how I plan getting up stairs - have already worked out that I can hang the frame over my shoulder. I haven't tried yet but going upstairs backwards (using the big wheels) is meant to be easy. As for going down, I'm sure it will be easier then my P3 as I won't have to lower the pushchair and bubs carefully between each step and certainly a million times better than my stupid Maclaren. Buses: I always catch a wheelchair bus now, but as I can split the components I will be able to get onto non-wheelchair buses without having to wake up a sleeping little one before I can fold the pushchair. Taxis: you've got to be pretty rash to not use a carseat anyway. Even with an umbrella stroller, t is so much easier to get in and ou of cabs while your child is still small enough to be in a pod. Narrow aisles: it's not that wide and even with an umbrella stroller I always use the side gate at Star ferry etc. The pushchair's turning circle is also amazing - hence the logo. So are you thinking of buying one?

noella is offline Registered User

Slee, I think you should earn a commission, you are great at describing every detail. Thanks to you I have decided on a Bugaboo but still struggling with the colour!!

Wink

Noella, I hope your husband doesn't come after me then! It's definitely going to cost more than his Graco!

jane01 is offline Registered User

Hi Slee

Thanks for the info. The people I have seen struggling have had older babies/toddlers in them. I suppose the older bubs/toddlers are too heavy to lift out and then separate the pram.

I am expecting #2. I had a Peg Perego Pliko as a newborn pram first time round - hated it. Gladly swapped it for a Maclaren Volo @ 6 months. Unlike you - I LOVE my Maclaren, but need to consider something for a newborn. Was just interested in all the new prams on the market, so have been doing a little research and came across these.

For me, overall, I think the Maclaren will be easier to operate and will cost less, always a bonus.

I hope you enjoy your new pram !

Thanks again

We really are very different Jane. My Volo is our back up pushchair and whenever I have had to use it I end up with a sore back without fail. I actually killed our first Pliko getting it stuck in an escalator but the last time my husband used our Volo he got so annoyed at it he went to BTB and insisted in taking their display model P3 MT then and there! I know the chassis is meant to be better on the Maclaren Techno but I'd be very worried about attaching a buggy board to it.

AmyB is offline Registered User

I can completely relate to the getting excited about choosing pushchairs early. We were exactly the same and managed to wait until 24 weeks before buying It! I don't blame you, it's just so exciting.

I know friends who used the Bugaboo in London and struggled sometimes, particularly going up and down stairs with a baby as it is heavy and also in narrow shops/cafes etc because it is quite wide. They did still love it though. I used an Ingelsina Zippy in London. It's like a Pliko P3 although i found it easier to close. (with a bit of practice, can be done with one hand when holding a baby). Also there's a car seat that clicks in and it's more sturdy than a maclaren.

Since being here in HK, i have to started using a Maclaren which I find perfect. I can sling it on my shoulder and carry my baby and my bag when I need to. I would say the lighter the better as its so hilly and humid here. Also so many shops and shopping centres seem to have lots of steps around.If you are using your car all the time and have easy access to your home then maybe the Bugaboo is better. I can highly recommend the Ingelsina (I am sure it woould work with a buggy board too). I guess it depends on your lifestyle so buy one that suits that because at the end of the day, once your baby is here you really won't care what the pushchair looks like, you'll only have eyes for your baby!

jane01 is offline Registered User

Slee - we aren't that different, I hate the Pliko too ! It is really hard to steer and fold down. I wouldn't recommend it and wouldn't buy it again. As a first time mum I was errring between the Pliko and Maclaren and B2B recommended the Pliko a lot higher than the XT - serves me right for listening to a salesperson !

However, I do love my Maclaren Volo, no back aches here. Now just to find something for a newborn, but perhaps I can put up with the Pliko and save some money !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your info.

No, I was trying to say I love my Pliko, now known as the P3 MT!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast