Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Piano teacher required

Linda&Hanley is offline Registered User

Piano teacher required

I'm looking for a piano teacher who's good at dealing with children for my 4-year-old son. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

bbblam is offline Registered User
    My friend is very patient to teach children. If you are interested please send me an email, I can give you her contact details.

[email protected]

chillifontain is offline Banned
    Dear,

I have been teaching piano for 12 years. I teach from K2 up to adult. Let me give you more information about my background.

I started learning piano when I was Primary 4. I used to learn piano from a teacher from the UK. He is a representative of HK from Guildhall school of Drama and Music from London. He is also an examiner of Piano exams. I passed Recital Certificate of Piano in 1999. Recital Certificate is above grade 8.

I grauated from City University , BA (primary education, major english) and also HK Institution of Education (Certificate of Primary education). I used to teach at local primary school for 4 years. I used to be P1 and P2 class teacher , teaching English, Maths, Music, dance, IT etc. Now, I am working part time as a piano teacher.

If anyone interested, please email on [email protected]. For beginner my minimum charge is from HK$400 for 4 lessons or up depending on location . Half an hour per lesson.
    Last edited by chillifontain; 05-01-2006 at 06:21 PM.

bbjohnny is offline Registered User
    Hi, My son is 5 years old, just started to learn piano for a few months. The piano teacher is an experienced one, and she is patient too, as my kid is quite active. She first starts by teaching my son a 9 paragraphs song, very very easy but funny (play the piano with his little feast ) which can play together with her. My son loves this song very very much and can even play by memory! He always asks me to bring him to the piano shops and plays the painos there! And a week before, he just performed in a concert hall and some audiences even asked him to encore! He is so happy about this! For my experience, I think the most important thing is to raise children's interest towards music first. They would then happy to have practices and can learn quickly. If any of you is interest in my son's teacher, just let me know!

chillifontain is offline Banned
    Please email me [email protected] Thanks

heidimak is offline Registered User

ENGLISH speaking PIANO TEACHER available for september

Hello! My name is Heidi Mak and I have just moved from North America. In my 16 year long career (going on 17!), I have been a music director, supervisor and studio manager in different functions, as well as private piano teacher. My education are mostly in Canada and U.S.A., under instructors from all Julliards masters, Yale master, and University PhD professors. My late father was an Italian opera tenor and had been a long-time vocal instructor in Hong Kong Baptist University. I have won numerous competitions in performance, and obtained A.R.C.T. piano pedagogy (art of teaching) in Canada. My specialties are Glenn Gould techniques (who is reknowned for interpretation on works of Bach), style and genre, and musicality (the fun stuff). Numerous students of mine have made me very proud by winning competitions and few are currently in music schools or university as music majors.

I am located in Mid-levels in Hong Kong and will be available to teach in mid-September. Anyone interested as beginner or intermediate, feel free to contact me via [email protected]. Children over the age of 4 to adults. Please expect English speaking instructions.

Cheers, Heidi Mak
    Last edited by heidimak; 08-25-2006 at 02:23 PM.

jlok is offline Registered User

Piano teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Linda&Hanley
    I'm looking for a piano teacher who's good at dealing with children for my 4-year-old son. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
    I am a Royal Academy of Music trained piano teacher, specializing with teaching kids (I love kids). Fees start from $200/30mins, which is just right for young beginners.

If you are still looking for a piano teacher, please contact me at 66822742 to schedule an initial consultation. You can also email me at [email protected] and I can give you a sample lesson plan.

Looking forward to working with you.

PoohPoohChan is offline Registered User

Good Piano Teacher

I know someone who is very good. She loves children and music. But she doesn't take on too many kids as she is very busy herself. PM me if you wish to have her contacts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast