Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Flu vaccine

lima1971 is offline Registered User

Flu vaccine

My husbands company are offering the flu vaccine. I am just wondering if its a good idea to get my 2yr old son vaccinated? Has anyone done this?

Valencia is offline Registered User

Out of Stock

Sorry, this is not an answer to your question. I read in the papers today the vaccine is out of stock. I've check several places and found none. It's been out of stock for weeks, in fact. They are only available through companies or the govt for restricted people.

helena is offline Registered User
    Yes, it's a good idea to take the jab.
    Children below eight take 2 jabs, which are a month apart.

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    my daughter's pediatrician has advised my husband, my helper and i to also take the flu jab to prevent catching it and then passing it onto our baby. do i just go to our gp for this? is anyone else doing this?

beckveldman is offline Registered User
    My 23 month-old son and I did the flu vacc earlier this week.

My GP ran out of stock before my husband and helper could get in. So, unless you have already lined it up with your GP, you may find yourself well down on a waitlist.

Children < 9 years (the recommended age differs depending on which company's vaccine you use!) only require 2 doses a month apart if they have never had a flu vaccination before. My son had it for the first time last year as two shots one month apart, therefore this year he only needs one shot.

Valencia is offline Registered User
    This year is different, with the likelihood of a world outbreak, and out of stock all round the world. One hospital informed me it's been out of stock for weeks. One private practice ordered 100 earlier and wanted 100 more but got none, and told me the manufacturer had stopped producing, would have no more this year. I'm not looking for one for myself or child because I prefer natural immunisation, but for my father because he's elderly. My husband can get one free for himself through his company but he prefers not to. If you can't get the vaccine, try to take more vitamin C, cod liver oil and do exercises to immunize yourself.

helena is offline Registered User
    My husband and I just got our flu jab yesterday. Currently, we are in Singapore and we had it done with a GP here.
    Was thinking of getting it done when we fly back to HK next Monday but was afraid there wld be no more stock in HK.
    Even over here in Singapore, many clinics have run out of it. We actually went to a few docs.

Niterz is offline Registered User
    Your GP should have a waiting list. Depending on the practice (I go to a private one), you may have to wait 1-3 weeks but still well worth it. My whole family (minus me b/c I am pregnant) will probably wait 2 weeks for the flu jab. I will be having my almost 3 yr-old, my helper and my husband vaccinated.