Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor

colourprinter is offline Registered User

Thanks to jaetee. I would give it a shot for my next cycle.

Dear Autumn and Jaetee

You gals use the sticks everyday?

jaetee is offline Registered User

Well I have had no luck with the testing - tested for 6 days (bought 2 kits) and as yet no LH surge. Should I go get the ovulation blood test at the doctor's or give this some more time. My cycle is 28-30 days and started testing at day 11, and now we are 16 with no result. :(

I am seriously stressing about this, and my doctor is fairly unhelpful. "If you want to get the blood test, do it. If not, then don't do it." - not much help there, eh? :(

Autumn Leaves is offline Registered User

Hi Colourprinter and Jaetee.

I had two natural cycles after stopping the pill, ranging from 30 to 35 days. On the safe side, I used OPKs starting from around day 11 until I got a positive LH surge on day 19. I started on day 11 because one of the biggest textbook myths is that you ovulate on day 14 (if only we all did!). As it turned out I ovulated on day 19 so it can happen later for some folks.

Jaetee, I know it's frustrating to constantly "pee" on that stick and see no positive result, but perhaps testing for longer might help. I felt like I had to wear different disguises each time I went to Watsons to replenish my OPKs, but just to satisfy my own curiosity I kept using them. I also charted at the same time so I was lucky enough to see a corresponding increase in my basal body temperature.

I'm not sure how fast the turnaround time is for blood tests which test ovulation in HK. I know in Australia if you take a test in the morning they can sometimes have the result by the afternoon. If it's not immediate, but you get a positive result, at least this might de-mystify when you ovulate. Hope this helps!

Best wishes. Autumn.

colourprinter is offline Registered User

I did read a lot of other online forums talking about the ovulation days, surprisingly, a lot of women said that they ovulated on Day 19 and 20 rather than 14 or 15. They would not know that if they didn't use OPK. Jaetee, perhaps your ovluation day is a bit later too. Keep trying and you shall have the good result :)

Thanks - I kept trying and surged on Day 17 - I think my cycle has lengthened a bit, so Day 17 is about right. So I think I will try this for a couple of more cycles (will get the Clearblue Fertility Monitor to make things a bit easier) - thanks for all the support (I am going to need it in the next few months as I continue the testing!) :)

sunnysideup is offline Registered User

Wow, I had the same experience with Autumn. I used Watsons OPKs and I kept getting positive result all the time (for like 6 days after the first positive result). I thought it's because I have PCOS (so imbalance hormone) which tend to cause false positive coz my LH level is always high.

In that case, definitely buy Clearblue OPKs and not Watsons so you won't waste your money (coz OPKs are expensive but at the time I couldn't find Clearblue in many shops I went).

I was able to get one of the Clearblue monitors and have used it for one cycle - is it true that these monitors can indicate fertility and ovulation, but in fact one is not ovulating? :/

BTW - colourprinter and autumn leaves, how are things? :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123