- 11-07-2005, 04:36 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2005
- Hong Kong
Just for clarification - is it true that most health insurance in Hong Kong does not cover pregnancy and delivery fees? We have private insurance through my hubbies job and I am trying to determine whether I have bad coverage or whether this is the norm. Thanks!
- 11-07-2005, 04:46 PM #2
its the norm if you're on a local package.
RaniFounder of GeoBaby.Com
- 09-01-2008, 02:58 PM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
You might want to look into getting international health insurance- not only does it usually cover pregnancy, 'maternity', and, god forbid, any complications, it would also not be limited to Hong Kong, should you move; or, say, go home. On the other hand, there is normally a waiting period of 10 months or possibly 12 before you're covered for this kind of thing (to stop people getting it just for these benefits). If you want more information have a look at http://www.pacificprime.com/countries/hong-kong - they're brokers so they can give you free advice about the different companies' policies, the coverage, the cost, and the waiting period. It might well be cheaper than paying the hospital bills yourself.
- By cyberyoda in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM
- By Leeah's mom in forum Everything ElseReplies: 6Last Post: 10-12-2006, 11:16 PM
- By sunima in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 06-22-2006, 10:45 AM
- By PreggerC in forum PreconceptionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-15-2006, 09:05 PM
- By ninahudd in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-29-2006, 06:23 PM