Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Choose you Baby's Gender?

FirstMumSKW is offline Registered User

Choose you Baby's Gender?

Hello all,
    I was chatting with my colleague the other day, she is trying to get pregnant, but not planning to have more than 1 child. She asked me if I heard of a program or clinic that can help mothers-to be to choose the gender of their baby.

I've never heard of it before, but she said, there is such thing, she read it before in magazine or heard in TV... just don't know where it is in Hong Kong.

Could anyone please give info? Thank a lot.

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User
    i heard that gender selection is illegal in hong kong. there is such a place where they say they can help you choose the sex but it is not for sure...it is not done through medical intervention but through timing of when you should have sex. personally i don't think this method is accurate. peraps there would be other places outside hong kong where this would be legal.

rani is offline Administrator
    I think your friend must have been referring to Choix

http://www.geobaby.com/com/mxdirectory/view/469/choix/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

sobira is offline Registered User

Gender Choosing

I have used a method called 'saliva method' 8 years ago to ensure that I will get a girl (which I did). The method is around since 1957 or so, started in Germany and works on the very simple principle of your saliva changing according to your hormone levels. Due to the movement speed and life expectancy of the sperms/eggs, it is vital to have intercourse a certain time before ovulation (for a girl) or on or shortly after (for a boy). The method is a lipstick size mini-microscope on which one daps some saliva first thing on waking up. The resulting pattern tells which day one is at, so it can also be used as a contraceptive (though they don't advocate that). The device is called 'Maybe-Baby' and was available at Watson's Pharmacy, but a friend told me no longer. She got it finally from Australia. You may also purchase online from Australia, Canada or U.S.(www.maybebaby.com.au or .cr). Hope this helps!

FirstMumSKW is offline Registered User

Wink Thanks to all...

Dear all,

Wow! This is amazing and very interesting. I shall print out all your suggestions to my friend and let her "get on with it".
    Thanks a lot for your time and information. I'm sure my friend will soon join us here. Wish you all the best!