Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby Gap in HK?

PreggerC is offline Registered User

Baby Gap in HK?

Can I find Baby Gap clothing in HK? I've heard about Stanley before, but don't know whether it's a Gap store or is it the factory that makes Gap clothing selling the same thing under a diff. brand?

Sara is offline Registered User
    Up until November last year there was a GAP store at Ocean Terminal. I haven't been back since so I'm not sure it's still there...
    Sara.

carang is offline Registered User
    i have bought 99% of my son's clothes in various markets(including Stanley) and people are always commenting on his nice clothes.

So far, i have clothes from 0-2 years(some were given to me by a friend~used) and i have spent no more than $1000 on his clothes, including shoes!

if you keep your mind open and have a look in the markets, you're sure to find excellent clothes at a very good price... even if the quality is not the same as if you spent $100 on a pair of trousers, if they get stained or only last for a few months, that's all you really need them for, right?

good luck! shopping for baby clothes is sooooo much fun!

mambo is offline Registered User

sooo much fun!

I agree with Cara, baby clothes are so much fun to shop for that I have to hold myself back everytime I see cute clothes. I initially bought only a few items for my boy when he was a newborn. Most of his clothes were gifts and some he grew out of at 3-4 months! I buy his clothes at Fa Yuen, Stanley and Lion Rock Rd in Kowloon City. You'll find brand name stuff like Gymboree, Gap, Carter's, Osh Kosh at these markets.
    However, when I went back to N. America over the summer I bought alot too just because it was easier to walk into a store and just buy (pro). But the prices could never compare to the prices here in HK. Although, in HK you need to 'search' for what you want (con).
    Now, I forbid myself to shop for anymore clothes because my son is growing out of them so quickly....yikes! Btw, went to ocean terminal the other day, Gap and Banana Republic are no longer there.
    The best selection of Baby Gap is at the market in Stanley. (labels are usually cut off but you can tell it's Gap)
    Last edited by mambo; 11-12-2005 at 11:42 PM.

Valencia is offline Registered User
    I've been to Fa Yuen St a lot recently. I've found their prices have gone up a lot, especially for adult's clothing. But I managed to find a T-shirt by Sanrio for $10, not in a baby's clothing shop. The baby's clothes in Lion Rock Rd are also pricey (but adult clothing is very cheap), many costing more than $100 for winter's clothing (I haven't been there since last year). I found the children's clothes at Pakie Babie unbelievably low, especially at bargain time. Many of them cost under $60, some under $30.

carang is offline Registered User
    i ususally go to the market in sham shui po and i rarely pay anything more than $39 for anything... but i do know that some of the winter stuff is around $69 or so...

Valencia is offline Registered User
    I've been to Pakie Babie today. Their prices have gone up a lot, and there's no discount basically. However, I cut a coupon from a newspaper and got $100 off for $200 of books.

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    Li Yuen St (off queens road central) have a few outlet shops that sell baby/kids clothes, I've seen baby Gap, Next, Mexx, Mothercare, Guess plus other UK/US brands etc... they are cheap, I've bought tops/Tshirts for about $15-$20 each, Baby gro's for around $10 each.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top