Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: After 1 year post delivery, have you reverted back to pre-pregnancy weight?

100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - and was breastfeeding

51 51.00%
  • Yes - and was not breastfeeding

14 14.00%
  • No - and was breast feeding

26 26.00%
  • No - and was not breast feeding

9 9.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Post Partum Weight Loss - What are your experiences?

mushi is offline Registered User
    happy valley
    Mammalicious, i have the exact prob as u do....i got back to my original weight when my baby turned 4 months...thanks to all those sleepless nights and yes i am a mother of 2 so it adds to that!! but i hate this loose belly flesh which becomes a small bump anytime i eat well or overeat....most of times i am watch what i eat and it is a real pain now to keep doing the way does anyone know of MOVERS AND SHAPERS in causeway bay.....apparently they make u losr all this extra fat muck quicker than normal...i am going for a trail session tom....pls. let me know before i get fleeced!....also anyone tried OSIM's TUMMY BELT?

anca is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I breastfed and gained! I used to get so hungry feeding I wanted to eat the breastfeeding pillow, LOL! After the night feed I could have eaten a horse. It calmed down but I still put on weight after I had the baby. Still working on it...

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    the OSIM tummy belt does not work, so don't get it. Other than that, have no idea how to lose the flab!

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    i have suffered post -partum weight gain. not loss !!
    i'm a bit of an emotional eater so a few difficult weeks with a baby with undiagnosed reflux and i started to eat and eat and eat. baby is fine now (3.5mths old and on medication) so now i just need to stop eating so much.

wish me luck!

MLBW Guest
    I gained 80 pounds while I was pregnant although I was active and ate a balanced diet. I lost about 30 of those pounds just giving birth and losing the extra blood and fluid. After I gave birth I found out that my pregnancy left me with a herniated disc in my lower back so I was banished from doing sit ups and crunches until about when my son was 7-months-old. I breastfed for 5 months and that in no way helped me lose weight--I have heard from others that often breastfeeding actually makes some women retain weight for whatever reason. Stopped breastfeeding (one of the best things I ever did for myself!) and immediately lost a few pounds. Right now I am steadily working toward losing 65 pounds--if I can manage to lose 45 pounds, I will feel excellent. I have horrific stretch marks and a super saggy belly. (Thanks mom for those genetics!) One time a Chinese lady asked me, "Are you sure you're not going to wear a girdle? You don't want it to stay that way forever, do you?" Well...I doubt a girdle would help me at all in this case and I can't stand to wear a constricting, itchy device (it's amazing I can stand wearing a bra most of the time!). So, I really envy all the ladies here who only gained 20 pounds or less and managed to lose it all in a month to five months. My son will be a year-old next month. Looking at my body makes me even more resolute to never put myself through the horrors of pregnancy again.

Koan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by anca View Post
    I breastfed and gained! I used to get so hungry feeding I wanted to eat the breastfeeding pillow, LOL! After the night feed I could have eaten a horse. It calmed down but I still put on weight after I had the baby. Still working on it...
    Same. Breastfeeding gives me insane hunger pangs and I've developed a sweet tooth. I still eat so much more than I used to.

I have been doing Weight Watchers (for nursing mums) for a few months and am finally below pre-preggo weight. My body looks totally different, a lot flabbier, but I currently weigh 500gr less what I did when I got pregnant. My son is 13.5mnths old. It's taken a lot of effort to lose that weight.

Now to lose that dimsum weight I put on when we first came to HK!

wanfamily is offline Registered User
    I breast fed both and actually lost weight quicker with my second - back to normal weight within a few weeks (probably 'cos was I moving countries 2 months after the birth - not attempting that one again) However, weight and shape are 2 different things. Everything that was up is now down so to speak - I've got a huge empty 'Max sack' still after 10 months. In Japan they recommend these tummy belt things. Tried it, but I found it too hot and uncomfortable. Find it very hard to find the energy to do proper exercise (using the fact I've got a bust coccyx as an excuse). Did buy a corset thingy for a posh do I went to once where I needed to fit into a skinny dress. It was hilarious - took me about an hour to get into it and it literally shoves all the skin either up or down. Didn't fool anyone - kept getting comments on how straight I was sitting (couldn't move in the blinkin thing) and then a good friend came up to me, put her hand on my waist and said "yep, huge knickers!) Bubbly/ Mushi if you find a secret to getting rid of that belly flab, let me know!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I was back to my pre-preg weight in about 2 months, breastfeeding. I don't think I'll ever be back to my pre-preg SHAPE though!! I get a lot of comments on how I'm back to my original "figure" and I just think "well, you don't see what's under these clothes!!" - but it bothers me less than I thought it would actually... I must be less vain than I used to be ;)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast