Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Kinder U?

Arwen is offline Registered User
    hello!

sent you a private mail with my contact details already!
    I will tell you more about my session at Kindermusic this Sat!

peace is offline Registered User
    hi arwen!

did not get any email from you on your contact details....

how was Kindermusik last saturday?

peace

Arwen is offline Registered User
    Hi Peace,

I am not wild about that place (Kindermusic) but then again I have no basis for comparison as that was my 1st time attending such classes.
    Maybe I was having very adult expectation of the place.

I am going to trial "My music Box" in Causeway Bay at 9.45am this Sunday.
    Do you want to enrol your baby into this too?
    We can then meet up there as well!

So what did you do last weekend?
    I brought my girl to Repulse Bay for the Christmas Fair - fair was so so but we had a fun and relaxing evening by the beach.... air was so fresh and lots of open spaces.

Strange that you did not receive my private message.

jane9898 is offline Registered User
    sorry to be k-po.... Peace, please click at Private Messagging under your user menu in the page to check Arwen's msg for you.

Gals, we have been in touch with other moms from MY/SG - please feel free to join us by sending me your email addy and # in PMs.

hongkongexpat is offline Registered User

taking advantage!

I've checked out A LOT of classes here in Hong Kong and it's actually NOT RARE to find that many of these "schools" are just out to make lots of $$$. So KinderU is just one of many. Along with KinderU, I would put My MusicBox, Little Gym, JW Tumbles, Little Prince, Wise Creative, Learning Plus, and a number of other centers under this same list. The quality is similar to other places, but they hassle you to join, poor customer service and management stinks.

Here's a simple suggestion for you all. Find out exactly who owns the school you wish to join. And find out their background. It's not hard to find out. If the owners are either former or current businessmen or some field that has nothing to do with education, then you know what they care about... $$$! Watch out, but also know that you can do a few checks to see if the place you are going to risk putting your child into is trustworthy and reliable.

In addition to checking the ownership, I would also check out how long the staff has worked there. For example, I've found that many of the teachers at the Victoria Kindergartens have been teaching for less than one year... surprised? well, don't be. When management is bad and the school is low quality, there will be high teacher turnover.

Hope that helps. You might want to consider Woodlands or Tutortime, but make sure you do your homework for those too. Of course, if you want to find out the hard way how bad a program can be, try KinderU, but don't blame anyone else except yourself when you get frustrated by the staff and management.

PoohPoohChan is offline Registered User
    Kinder U is very money oriented. seems like they are mostly after money. Also, their philosopy is really too 'pressured' for a young baby. I tried several times and have decided that that is just not good for a baby.

Bear Lau is offline Registered User
    My LO starts to go to KinderU when she was three months. I have to say, Thomas was a bit pushy and too "business" and $$$$ minded, but Betty is actually quite a nice woman and I think she have the passion in education.
    I think the administartion staffs are very nice and my LO, now eight months even smile to them everytime. We are going to a mandarine class twice a week, my LO enjoy it very much and she even "sing" with the teacher. Ms. Lo have very nice character and is very good to babies. I also have been to classes with two other techers, they all are very nice too.
    For me,I only been to My Gym, Kindermusic , gymboree and Panda Junction. I currently is sending my LO to My Gym,KinderU and a swimming lesson. My Gym is more physical but for some reason my LO cries everytime but love swimming.
    Last edited by Bear Lau; 12-08-2006 at 08:10 PM.
    Bear Lau:

PoohPoohChan is offline Registered User
    Hi Bear,
    how old is your baby and where does he/she take swimming lessons?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast