Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Kinder U?

hkxpat is offline Registered User
    I have had experience with both baby buddies and kinder u. I agree with the comment that KU is very money orientated. they just try to impress parents with their "programs" and have little regard for the child and whether or not they are actually going to enjoy it. Way too serious and not fun! Baby Buddies on the other hand has a very caring and "learn thru play" approach which i much prefer. My son has loved BB and I have also enjoyed the lessons there. I can see that a lot of effort has gone into making their program varied and interesting as well as educational.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by talk2amy View Post
    I also disagree with their refund policy. I think if the child is sick and cannot make a class, a refund should be given as this is out of the parent's (and child's) control. It is not a matter of discipline.
    In my experience, this is standard practice. I can see how it would otherwise be an administrative nightmare.

My daughter goes to both and I have complaints about both. The English teacher at KinderU has left and they have no replacement until September.

And Baby Buddies is cancelled this week so the teachers can prepare! And we've paid for the whole month. I can accept this only because BB is so much cheaper than other places.

NewMummy is offline Registered User
    Anyone know anything about KinderU Kowloon? Where is it and will they offer the same courses? I only know that it will be run under a different management team as it is a franchise (I received an e-mail from KinderU announcing this), hopefully they will not be as pushy. will see.

I am thinking of enrolling my baby (when he is born) to their class for 0-4months. Has anyone tried this class? I can't remember the name but am wondering. They are supposed to do exercises and massages in the class. Would appreciate any comments. Does Baby Buddies offer classes for 0-4 months too?

talk2amy is offline Registered User
    I asked them about KinderU Kowloon. They said it will open around Nov/Dec time "probably" in Prince Edward. The person who answered the phone didn't know any more than that. I'm going to the KinderU parents seminar next week so will ask more.

talk2amy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kashismum View Post
    In my experience, this is standard practice. I can see how it would otherwise be an administrative nightmare.

My daughter goes to both and I have complaints about both. The English teacher at KinderU has left and they have no replacement until September.

And Baby Buddies is cancelled this week so the teachers can prepare! And we've paid for the whole month. I can accept this only because BB is so much cheaper than other places.
    So what happens now if the English teacher at KinderU has left? Do the classes just stop?! Don't they have more than 1 English teacher?

Also, apart from Baby Buddies closing for a week, is it any good?

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by talk2amy View Post
    So what happens now if the English teacher at KinderU has left? Do the classes just stop?! Don't they have more than 1 English teacher?

Also, apart from Baby Buddies closing for a week, is it any good?
    You'd think they would have more than one English teacher, but apparently not. The classes continue with the Putonghua teacher so the class is one hour instead of two. Fees will be credited or refunded.

Baby Buddies is good. Admin less good. BB is English only. If that suits you and your child, I'd recommend it.

newbies is offline Registered User
    I have nothing against KinderU BUT....BUT...ANYTIME will pick babybuddy over KinderU if these two are the only choices.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Dear All,

KinderU Kowloon will be opened in Mongkok in November. It will be offering most of the classes which KinderU Causeway Bay offers, however, the management team will be completely different as it is a franchise.

As most of the comments are management related, I do hope that you will give KinderU Kowloon a chance as we really do hope to create a loving, caring as well as fun environment for your babies to learn in. I am very determined to make sure that this is so as my own baby girl (who is nearly 5 months now) will also be there most of the time so I want her to be happy too!

As we are currently preparing for the Grand Opening, I would welcome any thoughts and feedbacks from you, you can PM me directly. Being a mother, I can totally understand the feelings and comments you have made and will try my best to win you all back at KinderU Kowloon. :yeah2

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast