Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Kinder U?

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by newbies View Post
    I have nothing against KinderU BUT....BUT...ANYTIME will pick babybuddy over KinderU if these two are the only choices.
    Yes, but it's kind of comparing apples with apple crumble with custard. Kinder U is very much focused on developing bilingual skills; BB is not!!

newbies is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kashismum View Post
    Yes, but it's kind of comparing apples with apple crumble with custard. Kinder U is very much focused on developing bilingual skills; BB is not!!
    Am not making any comparison of the program objective/content to begin with but rather on activity to enroll in general and given that only 2 options available. Signed up with KU means unnecessary dealing with senseless management :blahblah in the package! Anyway, I rather not to continue with this KU disappointment- the management simply outrageous.

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User
    I have sent a request for class schedule and price list but they never give the answer.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Hi Gabriel_ma

Were you asking for the schedule for KinderU CWB or KinderU Kowloon? If it is for KinderU Kowloon, we are currently taking down names of interested parents as we are working on the schedules. We aim to open in November and will contact all those who left their names once the schedules are ready.

Thank you for your patience.

leepacific is offline Registered User
    I work across the road from KinderU and I have been sending my child to this place for over a year. I have seen their ups and downs (teachers coming and going) but I really feel that comments posted here about their management are too harsh and some are plainly not true.

I see that the owners of KinderU are sincere in delivering a good service. My emails to management (I have my share of praises or complaints) have always been promptly answered (at 3am in the morning sometimes) by Mr. Ho or his wife. This has given me the confidence to stay. They do work hard for KinderU and their schools. I wonder how many of those who took the time to write at this forum took the time to write to this couple.

Giving them a fair chance to state their point or address complaints is what we call "natural justice". Perhaps there is no place for "justice" on the web?

The experiment on writing to them with your complaints is worth trying:blahblah

I like their new team of blond teachers. My son loves Ms. Candice. When I asked him why, he said he looks like Cinderella. Honestly, she is tall and quite pretty.

margarettaleung is offline Registered User
    I had the trial class and I found Ms Heley very good.

smu_hk is offline Registered User

Rightmind Kindergarten

I have sent my little girl to KinderU at Causeway Bay and now at S Horizons RMKG.
    Its true that their management needs a lot of training especially the Causeway Bay office - but that was a long time ago now....
    It's true they don't return your calls and don't give receipts etc! and rather disorganised and have no clue on the operation.
    I have been to their many seminars, you can get a better understanding of what they are trying to achieve. I can imagine it must be difficult for them as they are growing quite rapidly to meet the demands that we as paying parents have for their poor administration service.

I don't really mind all too much about that. I find my little girl is enjoying herself in her class now; except for the time when she first started her 5 day a week morning classes in the middle of the year. She was quite unhappy - perhaps the session that she attended was too foreign for her, as they all spoke Cantonese and she didn't understand a word of it. She was actually quite scared of her Chinese teacher, so she hung around the only English Teacher at the time. It took her 3 weeks to adjust to the discipline/rules that they had enforced at the school. When Summer came, I had her enrolled into the program so that she can get used to quickly, surely, she was more comfortable there at SH. Her teacher was far more accommodating and simply loves children. She adjusted rather easily there. Following on, she started her full year term in September. Now, she is looking forward to her day ahead each morning, she has learn a lot since. Not too sure how she actually compares with other 2 & half year olds as we don't know that many. I have to say I am just too busy with work, so I am to be blamed for my neglect of her progress. :(

Anyway, just yesterday, I played one of the DVDs of Chinese Words from that "zhong hua zhi jing" that they teach each day through flash cards, I found out that she could actually recognise some of the words, while others, she simply memorized them and which really impressed me. She then asked for more of the next chapter. So it's a good sign I suppose, I am just hoping that this will help her learning in the future - that's all that I care for out of this :)

One gripe I have is wearing uniform, which is just a bit of an overkill here for kindergarten kids. Now I have to fork out some $1700 for her winter uniform which I am not too thrilled about. Thinking whether I can get away without the uniform :) he he ... we will see if there's a choice on that one?

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by smu_hk View Post

She was quite unhappy - perhaps the session that she attended was too foreign for her, as they all spoke Cantonese and she didn't understand a word of it.
    Cantonese is not part of the curriculum at RMKG or KinderU, but the kids may use it between themselves if it their first language.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast