Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree1Likes

Kinder U?

smu_hk is offline Registered User

Hi Kashismum,

Actually, RMKG were using Cantonese at their Chi Fu branch up to end of Jul 2007. The instructions were in Cantonese, but were taught Mandarin & English. Initially, we thought it would be good for her.
    But after seeing how she reacted to her Chinese teacher - with fear :O made me feel that the environment was not suitable for her after attending it for 2 months or so there. Though her English teacher at the time was really good. She liked him and stuck to him....then he left.

Though they tried to entice us to stay at Chi Fu because from Sep 2007 School year was when they make the Chi Fi branch the same as all other branches. That is Mandarin & English. They also said they were going to make one of the other back rooms into a play room. (It's a little too tight there I thought.)

She is quite happy at the SH branch now.

By the way, is anyone sending their child to the RMKG Suzuki Methods course? What do you think of it?

thefly is offline Registered User

Kinder u is a very money orientated company.

Their front desk staff is rude and untrained. and most of their teachers are young and have no experience/degree in teaching.

The manager is incapable of doing her job properly [edit. sorry pls no personal attacks]

When you join Kinder U you must pay deposits and buy the flash cards which are ridiculously overpriced.

I can recommend lots of other pre-school play-group learning centers which don't have the intention of robbing you blind when you sign up.

Last edited by rani; 12-01-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: no personal attacks.

mati is offline Registered User

Try Drama in English/mandarin class at Florenda. my Son and I love it. Their teacher is great, price is reasonable. I highly recommend Florenda.

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by thefly View Post
    Kinder u is a very money orientated company.

Their front desk staff is rude and untrained. and most of their teachers are young and have no experience/degree in teaching.

The manager is incapable of doing her job properly [edit. sorry pls no personal attacks]

When you join Kinder U you must pay deposits and buy the flash cards which are ridiculously overpriced.

I can recommend lots of other pre-school play-group learning centers which don't have the intention of robbing you blind when you sign up.

that's really bad

steamedfish is offline Registered User

My kid tried many playgroups and I've to say KinderU is by far the most terrible one. Their teachers are unprofessional and the owner makes lots of ungrounded claims. My son is now at bambini republic. They are smaller in scale but there's a community feel to it.

loraine is offline Registered User

We went to a trial class at Baby Buddies last week, wasn't impressed. One teacher to 14 kids, she rushed through the songs at double speed, she only really spoke to me to go through the signing-up procedure. There were many more kids than 14 in the class (they said it was a one-off? but somehow I didn't believe it) not even enough chairs to go around (no one seemed surprised).
    Lots of play materials but the room was really too small. The 2 year old class spanned lunch time - to best suit the kids or the administrators?
    I'm trying PPA in Tin Hau next week, just as competitive price wise, and I suspect more kid-friendly.

dmk cheung is offline Registered User

Than, why don't you try Tutor time? My Girl is there three times a week and she loves it. She is now 13 months old and she joined the TAG when she was 11 months. Now, she can understand some instruction in Mandarin and of course in English. They have one English teacher, one Mandarin teacher and one Class teacher. I think they only have 10 kids in a class.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567