Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Aegean Coast

Kimmi is offline Registered User

Smile Aegean Coast

Can anybody tell me about this place. Is it a good area to settle with a young family and dog?. Is it easy travel to international kindergardens/schools etc. We will be moving out of Central after Christmas and wanting a nice place to settle. Alot of people have mentioned to me Discovery Bay, Clearwater Bay and Aegean Coast. Your suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Valencia is offline Registered User
    Clearwater Bay, especially that part just above Sai Kung, can be very misty and humid in spring. There's basically one road from Sai Kung to Kowloon, traffic is very slow with cars lining up during the weekend. Buying groceries is not convenient. Discovery Bay is definitely more convenient.

sofia Guest
    Hi Kimmi, my family is moving to Hong Kong in March and we have been asking about nice places for a family with two children (33 and 15 months) to settle. We have been told Sai Kung and Clearwater Bay are very nice, but I hadn't heard about Aegean Coast yet. How is it? Did you get to go there?

Kimmi is offline Registered User
    Hi Sofia
    We are still searching!! We want to move out of our serviced apartment which is in the city in March as Im expecting another bub in May. My husband works really long hours and we have to concider the travel for him in the evening. We have looked at places in Discovery Bay as this place is also very child and dog friendly (we have a big dog too). It's still will be alot of travel for him though and he proberly wont be home till after 8-30pm, he works close to Admialty. Gold Coast/Aegean Coast looks wonderfull, but this is more travel, I believe, plus It will be a big bus ride for me with toddler and bub in tow to Central. My husband does'nt mind actually he just wants whats best for the family. We still may concider Midlevels or Pokfulam. I read there's plenty of young families in Belchers/Bel Air/Scenic villa's/Baguio villa's but for us I cant imagine these places would allow our beautifull dog. So I think will still will look in DB

sofia Guest
    Hi Kimmi, we're already here and looking for a place in Sai Kung/Clear water Bay. We also had a look in discovery bay and it looked nice but I think someone mentioned no cars are allowed in Lantau, is that so? I was wondering how mums get around with one or two babies there.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I live in Discovery Bay, and while cars are not allowed here; we have buses that run to and from the ferry pier to pretty much every pocket of residential living in DB. So no matter where you live in DB, there is a bus, every 15 minutes or so, to the pier and plaza.

There are also hire cars which you can ring up and book to come and pick you up and take you anywhere within DB.

Or alternatively you can buy/rent a golf cart which many people do. But they are costly, it costs around HK$4,000-6,000 a month to rent one.

DB/

Kylie is offline Registered User
    Hi Kimmi,
    Just wondering what you decided upon as a place to live. We also have a big dog and I am really confused as to the best area for us. We are moving in a couple of months with a newborn but my main concern is have open space for our dog. We have looked at DB and Stanley and was just recommend Pokfulam, any advise?

joannek is offline Registered User
    i think clear water bay/sai kung will be too far away for you. if your hubby works in admiralty & u're ussed to hangng out on hk island. it takes at least 45 mins drive from there. if u choose to move to sai kung/clearwaterbay, u'd probably have to move all your activites to there.