- 11-21-2005, 12:49 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Gold Coast
I am wondering if a serviced apartment might be a reasonable option for my family when we arrive in HK. Can anyone tell me if some serviced apartments have multiple bedrooms or are they essentially just a hotel room? Any recomendations would be appreciated! Thanks.
- 11-22-2005, 01:00 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2004
Depends on your budget & location. There is GATEWAY (TST, Kowloon, PACIFIC PLACE APARTMENTS (Admiralty, HK), FOUR SEASONS APARTMENTS (Central, HK), just to name few higher end options. There is also former Repulse Bay Hotel. Large 2-bedroom apts cost approx. HKD $60,000 - $80,000 per month. One-bedrooms or Studios i think cost approx. $30,000 - $40,000.
I've stayed at the GATEWAY on several ocassions over the years, and each time it gets worst & worst. I will definately not go back. On recent last stay, we requested to extend rooms for additional 4-5 days past our check-out date. They demanded higher rent for those last couple of days "for their inconvenience" OR as they rudely told us if we didn't accept the new rate, just leave & go to a hotel. With small children & lots of luggage, going to hotel for few days was stressful option, so we were very upset, esp since we will returning customers.
Some hotels also offer special rates for longer stay. A friend stayed at Park Lane Hotel (Causeway Bay, HK) for 2 months & was quite happy. Only down side is you do not have access to kitchen, which is useful for a family.
- 11-22-2005, 04:45 PM #3
Another good serviced apartment for families is Parkview. They rooms have a separate living/ dining area, kitchen and the facilities are amazing!
http://www.geoexpat.com/accommodatio...kong-parkview/Founder of GeoBaby.Com
- By Rocketdog in forum Moving ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:16 AM
- By snagito in forum Moving ForumsReplies: 10Last Post: 11-22-2007, 12:24 AM
- By capital in forum Everything ElseReplies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2005, 11:09 AM
- By Dena in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
- By nanzbier in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:55 PM