Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help!

lima1971 is offline Registered User

Help!

How do I get my 2yr old son to play/mix with other children? He goes to playgroup 3 times a week but he doesnt really show any interest in playing with the other children. He has always been a bit of a cling-on and Im desperate for him to mix as Im worried he is going to turn out into a bit of a loner. His teacher at playgroup has also noticed this. My problem is that wherever I take him, there seems to be hardly any parents, only helpers, so I am finding it quite difficult to make friends here(only been here 2 months). If I could make friends then I would regularly meet other mums and their kids. I take him to the park everyday where there are loads of kids, but hes just not interested.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Hello Lima, where do you live? If you let us know, perhaps we can help you to find a mother group nearby to you.
    I take my daughter (13 months) to Union Church playgroup (for mother and toddler) on every Thursday between 9.30 to 11.30am. There is another playgroup on every Monday too. It's at Kennedy Road. I meet lots of different nationality mums here.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Lima1971, sometimes you can also ask the playgroup teachers if their other classes are primarily moms or helpers, because the playgroup we use to go would have more moms on 2 x a week class vs the 3 X a week class (don't know why) and that would enable you to meet more parents & set up playdates.

Scroll to top