Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

feet coming outside of cot bars

mammalicious is offline Registered User

feet coming outside of cot bars

my daughter keeps squirming in her cot when she doesn't want to sleep yet and plays... yet she keeps putting her feet through the bars of her cot. as i don't want to use bumpers as they can be a hazard for suffocating on and are not recommended, should i be worried she may hurt herself when she tries to turn over without freeing her feet first? i'v watched a couple times, and she seems okay, but just want to make sure.

Thanks!

TanyaH is offline Registered User

Hi Mammalicious,

Have you tried putting her in "gro-bags" baby sleeping bags. Their arms are free so they can sit up and play - my boy can even stand up in his but he can't poke his feet out through the bars.

Worth a go. Tanya

mammalicious is offline Registered User

thanks Tanya

started doing that once it get a bit cooler... great things they are!!! now my baby has been fussy for the past week.. if only i could get something to stop that!

Sumei is offline Registered User

hi,

I know all the books say no cot bumpers for reasons of soffucation and climbing (when they are older) BUT one also has to be practical - when babies get older they get more active and roll/turn/kick/stand/bounce etc a whole lot more and having a bumperless cot maybe safe, but it's not comfortable. We kept our son's cot absolutely bare until he was about 4 months old and knew he could move his head and body easily should he come up against the cot bumper. This meant he slept better at night (before he'd turn and throw his arm or head against the side of the cot and wake himself up)......so long as you manage the "danger" elements you should be ok - we do not leave our son in the cot to play or anything and the minute he's awake from his nap/sleep he's taken out of the cot. As mentioned grobags are good too as it prevents them entangling themselves in blankets and keeps them warm as they can't kick it off.

Good luck!