Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Victoria Kindergartens???

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel108
    Hi,
    And for those parents who has kids in Vic , are u let ur kids studing K1 and go to VSA as well?
    I am pretty happy with Victoria so far, and probably will have my son go into their system as long as I feel they meet his needs. I saw on their schedule that when your child reaches K-2 they start giving information on Primary application. Hopefully by the time our kids reach the primary school stage, their VSA will be more established.

bbky is offline Registered User

Hi HKfornow,

I'm considering enrolling my 19 month old in a playgroup, but I can't decide between Victoria and Woodlands in Pokfulam. Did your son join the playgroup before K1? if so, can you share with me the experience. Also, can you give me an idea of what it's like at the interview for k1? thanks so much.

nervous mom

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by bbky
    Hi HKfornow,

I'm considering enrolling my 19 month old in a playgroup, but I can't decide between Victoria and Woodlands in Pokfulam. Did your son join the playgroup before K1? if so, can you share with me the experience. Also, can you give me an idea of what it's like at the interview for k1? thanks so much.

nervous mom
    bbky, my son joined the Woodlands Panda playgroup in Chi-Fu prior to Victoria, as Victoria does not accept kids until they are 2 years old. My son is currently in PN, will graduate to K-1 in August.

To tell you the truth, I was sure that my son flunked the interview in Victoria, as he totally ignored the teachers/interviewers, and did his own thing. However, I have heard before that some schools seem to give bonus points for parents who are stay at home moms???? Don't know how much credence to give that particular rumor.

I highly recommend Victoria (please read between the lines). If you would like additional info, please PM me.

Noel108 is offline Registered User

bbky, I think instead of thinking playgroup, may be applied Pre-Nursey is another good choice. For me, my girl didnt attend any playgroup at all, and during the interview , most of the kid just like the same , didnt really know the teacher asking what they do. But I'm sure that they all expected as normal. Of course, one point need to pay attention is the kid's character. Like me, my girl, is super-active,like to play, full of curosity, no problem in adapting new environment. Therefore, I chose 5 days schools for her start from the beginning. And lucky, she hasnt even cried for home since then. Like HKfornow, I very satisifed with this school and highly recommended.

bbky is offline Registered User

thank you both for your input. as victoria is no longer taking applications for pre-nursery for this august, i thought we'd join their playgroup first to see how we like it. anyway, I have a very active but clingy little girl so I guess I don't mind having her start "school" a bit later.

ramkiranju is offline Registered User

You can try starters in Causeway Bay,TaiHangRoad.A veru friendly atmosphere .I have been very happy with the people there and my girl likes it too!!

jmonkeypuppy is offline Registered User

ramkiranju,

What about the English standard or the teachers in Starters, Tai Hang? Are the teachers there all native and caring about kids?

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

My daughter is going to pre-nurseury class at Victoria HH this August. She'll be 18mths ans attending the 5 day week class. 5 day week is because they only have that class available but i'm hesitant and afraid it might be too much for her to go to school every day. Having said that, I've been taking her to playgroups since she's been 5 months. But still worried if it'll tire her out. But we have to register or we'll loose our space. Can anyone share their experiences at Victoria. How are the teachers? Can they handle a bunch of young children like that? thanks ahead for any input.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast