Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Victoria Kindergartens???

Eliza Han is offline Registered User
    Hi HKforNow,

I realised that admissions are now closed for the August admission in Victoria. When would be the next best time to seek admission again? I will only arrive in HK in August, and I am staying right in South Horizons, so I am really keen to enrol my son there.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Eliza Han, don't be put-off by the no vacancy aspect of things. . . when you get here, ask to put your baby on the waiting list. . . or you can even see if they will put you on the waitlist now. I also missed the admission tests and was put on waiting list for a few months then got accepted in May for August spot last year.

evelyn is offline Registered User
    Hello Moms,

How does Victoria playground compare to Yew Chung International school one? I am considering both.......... thanks!

Alice

Quote Originally Posted by HKfornow View Post
    Eliza Han, don't be put-off by the no vacancy aspect of things. . . when you get here, ask to put your baby on the waiting list. . . or you can even see if they will put you on the waitlist now. I also missed the admission tests and was put on waiting list for a few months then got accepted in May for August spot last year.

secretsquirrel is offline Registered User

Victoria (Kornhill)

How about Victoria in Kornhill? Does anyone have any experience with them? And what about class in the afternoon? Will there be potential problems for kids besides the afternoon naps.

mommyboy is offline Registered User
    Victoria is a good choice for someone who is looking for a truely bilingual teaching method. My son is still on their waiting list at Homantin for Pre Nursery. But I dont think there is any hope!!! It is so competitive in this campus as it is just only one in Kowloon area. We are looking forward to submitting our application for K1 in this coming Sept. Cross my fingers!

happybilly is offline Registered User
    Hi rainbowstar, my daughter is going for an interview soon and would love to hear any tips you have!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowstar View Post
    Each victoria branch is completely different, they can follow different systems. I.e some follow the IB system which means that the children will not share a classroom with another and others spilt the session so it means that your child will only be in the classroom for an hour and a half rather than having the option of being in there for 3 hours. The IB system is a better system to work for as it runs each topic as a project and allows the thread of learning to follow the children's interest instead of pre-defined lessons. Other Victoria which do not follow the IB system do not have as much consistency. The interview system is a bit strange and it depends on who you get. They are looking for children that are independent and parents that are willing to back off and give their child space without letting them run around wild. If you already have a child in Victoria it is pretty much certain that your other child will get in. If anyone wants more info please let me know.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345