Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Chinese Birth Chart - Was it accurate for you?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Chinese Birthing Chart

newbies is offline Registered User
    Am not sure if this has been mentioned along the thread (sorry...just being lazy to find out). Anyway, I was told that to read the chart accurately use MOTHER CHINESE age. My understanding of CHINESE age is that baby is 1 year old once he/she arrives in this world!

It worked for me....I did try to use the chart for my second child, despites wasn't mind to have either gender but it will be nice to have a pair. But hey...it's workout!

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    Doesn't work for me. For both kids it predicted a boy and I had 2 girls!
    All the best,
    Katie

archery6 is offline Registered User
    Sorry for the dumb question, but the month that the baby is conceives - does it mean the month that the baby is borned?

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Nope, didn't work for me. Referenced it using both my Western age and my Chinese age and both predicted a girl. But I just got back from my U/S scan and my doctor says it's most likely a boy. (But U/S is not an exact science either so I'm not rushing out to buy gender-specific stuff yet!)

frd_au is offline Registered User
    I suppose the original chart is based on Chinese age and Chinese month. The Chinese age is easy to know as it is usually one year more than the Western one. But the Chinese month is not that straightforward. Eg, The Chinese New Year (Chinese Jan) can occur in Western Jan or Feb. Sometimes there are 2 Chinese Aug in the same year! If the posted chart is using Chinese age and month, it will be difficult to get the correct age and month. If the chart is using Western age and month, I just wonder how the original chart be converted to that correctly.

There is on the other hand something interesting. We met an old Chinese medical practitioner (who we didn't know) in a supermarket some years ago. He predicted with 100% certainty my wife had a boy by her belly shape and in fact she had a boy. Yes, this kind of prediction is not new. The interesting thing was that he could tell my wife's right index finger was pulsing. After he left, my wife told me she could really feel the pulsing occassionally at her index finger. Did you also feel the pulsing when you had a boy?

peainpod is offline Registered User
    I came across a different Chinese birthing chart supposed buried in an ancient tomb in China 700 years ago and is now kept at the Institute of Science of Peking. The orig chart posted here was not accurate for me - but this new one was. Perhaps others who didn't get the right answer from that one may want to try this one instead?

http://babymed.com/tools/other/chine...ndar/chart.asp

donkey is offline Registered User
    Does it use Chinese age and Chinese calender month?

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    Let's face it, and method of prediction has 50/50 odds!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast