Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hair loss and bleeding gums

Tulip is offline Registered User

Hair loss and bleeding gums

Hi,
    Has anyone one of you encountered one or both of these conditions after giving birth: hair loss and bleeding gums? It's been nine months now since I had my second child and my gums often bleed. Any advice?
    As for hair loss, I started using a special shampoo + serum and it's improving. The problem is that I can't find them in HK. Can anyone tell me if and where are they available. They are both from 'Phytocyane' range. Thanks!

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) is a common problem and more so in pregnant women. Doctors always insist on more care of teeth and gums during pregnancy. If your problem is not severe, a thorough cleaning of teeth and gums should help. Using mouthwashes etc will not treat the root cause, so it's important for you to see a dentist before the problem gets worse.

K8sMum is offline Registered User
    Both are very common problems after childbirth. Think of how long it takes your body to "make" a baby. It takes just as long to for your body to get back to normal ... if not longer (especially if you had more than 1 baby)! I'm experiencing both of your problems at the moment and my twins are 9 months old. My solution? Meticulous dental care, along with a good multi-vitamin (including zinc). Also, got a short haircut so it doesn't seem like so much hair falling out. If you are still having problems after 12 months, I'd seek professional advice.

rani is offline Administrator
    I lost a lot of hair. I bought a Japanese hair Tonic from Victoria Dispensary in Central. Use to apply it after ever shampoo. It helped generate new growth and I looked really odd for a few months with these short sprouts. Hang in there for another month, after that I would also consult a Dr.

Rani
    Last edited by rani; 09-09-2006 at 11:36 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

capital is offline Banned
    it is normal to loose hair after pregnancy, particularity arounf 3-4 months. During pregnancy your natural shedding of hair slows down and you don't loose as much hair as normal,which is why your hair may seem thicker. So after you give birth and your hormones are going back to normal you start to loose all that hair that you didn't loose while pregnant. in the end you will still have the same amount of hair that you always had.

Tulip is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot to all of you. Although I was aware that these conditions are normal after a pregnancy, it's good to be reassured. I'll follow your advice and seek medical help if they persist in the long term.

carang is offline Registered User
    i think that you mean phytocean.
    used to eb able to get them at frederique, not any more... try e-bay....

jaetee is offline Registered User
    I actually find that I am losing a lot of hair during pregnancy, but the doctor says it is normal. :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast