Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Canossa Hospital

sunnysideup is offline Registered User

Canossa Hospital

Can anyone share their experience at Canossa Hospital. How is it compared with Adventist? Can anyone offer a cost breakdown of their delivery (preferrably for elective C-section) at Canossa?

For C-section, will I definitely require Epidural? Is there a special Epidural I should have for C-section?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Sunny

mama cat is offline Registered User
    I had a my baby via C section in Canossa 6 months ago. There is a 5 day package available for C section and prices vary according to what class of room that you stay in and whether it is elective or an emergency. You can get the price list from the hospital or download it from their website. I have friends who have had C Section at Adventist and the prices are pretty similar. You can get an epidural for a C section or go for general anaesthesia. Your OBGYN will probably talk to you about this closer to the due date. Hope this helps.

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi Sunny,

Have a read through the reviews here too:

http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hon...as%29/details/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Thanks, Rani! That is a very useful link. I just don't hear enough about Canossa as most people seem to opt for Adventist or Matilda. But Canossa is so close to me so definitely a contender.

More information on Canossa from anyone is still very welcome!!

Dear mama cat, thanks for your reply. I do have prices on Canossa but in case of any hidden extras, can you please let me know a breakdown of your total cost at Canossa including doctors fee etc? Also, which OB did you use and is he/she any good and reasonably priced?

Sunny

graceinNP is offline Registered User
    I'm still undecided about which hospital either but Canossa is on my list. I would love to hear more about anyone elses' experiences at Canossa.

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    Hi there... I had my baby at Cannossa (natural delivery/epidural) and will definately go back there for my next. The nurses are very attentive and listen to your needs, they encourage mothers to breast feed and give you lots of help on this. I opted for their package, it didnt include any hidden charges, in fact, the hospital bill was less than what we had anticipated. I stayed in a 3 bed ward, but was the only one in the room throughout my stay. You can ask for a guided tour of the maternity ward/labour rooms, which is what we did. If you need any more info, let me know.

Thanks Rosewood! It's great to know that they encourage breastfeeding as I've seen posts (from another website) saying that Canossa is not great for that.

Is it possible for you to give me a breakdown of your total bill at Canossa including Dr's fee etc.? Did you use the anaethetist at the hospital or did your doctor recommend one? Does your doctor charge more depending on room class and for C-section? Would you recommend your OB and is he/she expensive?

I am partially covered by insurance but i know it is simply not enough if I go private all the way. So am collecting info at this time to minimise cost. Just don't want to receive a shocking bill of 100K+ at the end. Rather save the money for junior's education :)

Sunny

Bumblebzz is offline Registered User
    My husband had surgery at Canossa this summer.

The staff were all friendly...although a little too eager & overly helpful at times (especially as he was trying to recover & sleep).

They would wake him regarding meals & such, when he clearly told them he wanted to sleep & not be woken.

The hospital is fine, although very dated.

What annoyed & worried me was that on 2-3 occasions I had to remind the nurses to put on gloves when handling/drawing my husbands blood. And then toss the bloody banges in our sink without bothering to properly throw them away.

Hard to believe in this day and age that nurses would fail to do that.
    They did however ALWAYS have a mask on...as if airborn diseases were the only thing that could affect them. ...gezz

Also the bathroom was teeny tiny & badly needed renovation. My husband is 6'3 and I had to help him get to the bathroom, but could hardly fit in there with him.
    He could'nt even take a shower becuase the shower head only went as high as his chest. And the tub was 1/2 the size of a normal one. Shameful for a hospital.

They did'nt even provide a bar / liquid soap in the bathroom to wash hands...although it clearly states to wash hands on the back of the door.-ha! I asked for some & got it, but after they cleaned the room the following day they took it away.

No suitable sleeping area for spouse. Had to pull two chairs together & bring my own pillow.

And getting food for me, the wife (a simple piece of toast) was always followed by the comment "oh you know that you'l have to pay for that, right?"
    Good Lord...it's toast...I think I can afford it.

And is it just me or does Canossa smell like a combo of brocolli & urine?...haha Sorry, but it does.
    Most hospitals I've been to smell like disinfectant. I never once saw any cleaning personel Canossa.

I'm 7 wks pregnant, and def. won't be having mine at Canossa after that experience. Just my personal choice. I'm sure others have had good experiences there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast