Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dr. Joe Chan + ultrasound scan frequency

sunnysideup is offline Registered User
    Hi Chichi, did you have Down Syndrome screening done with Dr. Chan at 11-13 weeks? I know it involved ultrasound scan and a blood test. Do you remember how much it cost excluding the normal 600 consultation fee?

Also, at week 16-18 weeks, I should expect a detailed ultrasound scan to check the anatomy of the baby. Does Dr. Chan charge more for this ultrasound session or just the usual 200?

Have you been to any other GynOb for this pregnancy? Is Dr. Chan your favorite? Have u decided on VB or C-section and the hospital for your delivery?

You must be very excited as you are very close to the big day. I wish you get the birth experience you wanted. Don't forget to draw up a birth plan if you have certain wishes at delivery.

Appreciate the info. Feel free to reply here or write to [email protected] Thanks!

Sunny

chichi is offline Registered User
    Hi, Sunny, I am really excited, looking forward for my little sweet angel. Time flies and I am expecting to see her in 2 months!!

I did go to other OB before seeing Dr Chan. (Better not to name others) My friend also used him before and spoke highly of him. I enjoy seeing him because there is no rush and he is very patient. He help me to reach my decision, rather than being dictative.

I didn't go for the ultrasound and blood test for Down's screening because of my age and I want to have the 100% certainty. I had amniocentesis instead. I have to say that this was not as bad as what I imagined before the procedure. Just a little prick and the results came back in 2 days.

As far as I remember, Dr Chan didn't charge me extra for the detailed ultrasound, probably just the usual 200. I have not decided whether to have c-section or VB. Probably c-section, as I am still afraid of going through labour. My friend had a c-section and she is fine and the scar looks beautiful.

Love to share and e-mail some personal feelings to you. Cheers.

Hi Chichi, Thanks for giving me even more confidence for Dr. Chan. I did find him very patient and nice.

Just 2 months to go for you! It's nice to know everything is progressing well, isn't it? For me, the clock is ticking so slowly in this 1st trimester. Worries creap in lately as I don't feel sick for 3 days now and can concentrate (less sleepy) on work for a change. But since there is nothing I can do so might as well just try not to think about it and enjoy this time when I can be more productive!

I am happy for you that you are doing well and amnio test came back all good. Fingers crossed for you that you will sail through the last trimester and have a healthy baby soon! Keep me posted!

Sunny

DaDaE is offline Registered User
    It seems my previous message was not successfully posted here. Please visit the following website for more comments on Dr Joe Chan.

I have also put my comments there today.

Wish good luck to all mothers!

DaDaE
    Last edited by rani; 02-05-2006 at 10:57 PM.

rani is offline Administrator
    H DaDaE

Can you post your review directly on this thread rather than linking to another site.

Thanks
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

DaDaE is offline Registered User
    I was/am also a patient of Dr Joe Chan. I notice that all the comments are "kind, caring, professional, patient, not commercial ...". Its really really true. I had a complex operation performed by Dr Chan when he was still an Associate Consultant at the Hong Kong Hospital Authority 2 years ago. He's just like a friend visiting me in the hospital when he saw me the next day after my operation. That made me feel much relaxed. For my follow-up medical consultations, he could spend 45 minutes to see see. He had never shown rush and even allowed me to consult him over the phone. That's incredible for a government doctor in Hong Kong, who usually spend less than 5 minutes to see a patient (I am not blaming them as I well appreciate their extreme high workload). I really feel lucky that I have met such a caring doctor who not only looks after me physically, but also psychologically. To me, he's a doctor that can be trusted and relied on. His wife, now works at the same clinic, is also highly praised by other pregnant ladies too. A nice couple.

DaDaE

chichi is offline Registered User
    Hi, Sunny, haven't posted to you for a few weeks as I delivered my girl 2 weeks ago. That much earlier than my expected. I broke my water and the girl was in breech. I called Dr Chan in the middle of the night and he actually waited for me in the hospital even before my arrival. I had an emergency C-section by Dr. Chan and everything was fine. I would say Dr Chan's care and surgery were superb. I would certainly recommend him to anybody anytime.
    Don't worry, you are in a good hand. Good luck and finger crossed.

Many congratulations chichi!! I wish you all the best with your new found motherhood!!

And thanks for the words of confidence on Dr. Chan. It's very reassuring!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast