Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dr. Joe Chan + ultrasound scan frequency

newdad is offline Banned
    Hi, I echo with ChiChi that Dr Chan is really wonderful and his services is superb. Dr Chan delivered our little girl a week ago. We phoned him before we went to the hospital. When we arrived, Dr Chan was already there waiting for us. This certainly relieved a lot of our stresses. My wife delievered about 10hours later and Dr Chan came several times assessing the labour progress. To our family, he is a doctor that can be trusted and relied on. I would recommend him to anybody anytime.

chichi is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

Hi, Rowena, I had my girl delivered in Feb by Dr Chan. My girl was in breech and C-section was done. I have to say that Dr Chan was very good and his surgery is superb. I recovered extremely well and was able to walk to the toilet the next day!!
    Now, my girl is about 5 months old. My scar healed very well, almost invisible. It was below my hair!! Thank god, I used Dr Chan and I can swim with my little girl in Bikini. I would certainly use him again for my second baby.

SummerJ is offline Registered User

Cost of Amniocentesis.

Hi ChiChi,

I read earlier that you have had amniocentesis done by Dr. Chan and the result was good and you now have a healthy baby girl.....many congratulations to you!

Like you, I believe I will need to undergo amnio testing also due to my age. Can you please let me know the cost of this procedure? Did you have it done at the doctor's clinic or at a hospital? How much, if applicable, did you have to pay the hospital? Also, at which gestation week did you have the amnio?

Apart from Downs, I heard that amnio can also test for other problem e.g. chromosome etc. Did you simply do the test for Downs or others as well? How long did it take for the result to come back.

To be honest I am quite anxitious about the amnio and your posting has been reassuring even though I do know the risk is still there.

Regards,
    Summer

Smile

Hi, Summer, I do hope that I can help relieving you stress and anxiety. I can recall that I could not sleep the night before the test. For our age, although still pretty and charming, we can't afford having any problem during pregnancy, especially miscarriage.

The actually procedure was far better than my imagination. It was done in Dr Chan's office at my 17 weeks. Dr Chan did a detail scan and reassured us (my husband was with me throughout the procedure) that the baby was well and active.

The actual procedure lasted for about 1-2 minutes. Just a little prick and the procedure was finished. I could see the needle on the TV screen!! definitely well away from my baby. As you know, my baby girl was prefectly alright afterwards.

As far as I remember, Dr Chan phoned me the report about 2 days later confirming that my baby was not Down's. There was another report, about 3 weeks later with all the chromosomes tested. The whole cost of the amniocentesis was about $5000-6000.

Summer, do you have any ob? Why not go and see Dr Chan. He is really good. He always listen and answer our questions in great details. His technique is also excellent. Cheers, good luck.

golfer is offline Registered User
    After hearing so many good things about this Dr Chan, can someone give me his address and contact numbers? Also when you have booked an appointment, do you usually have to wait for long time >30mins before he sees you?

SummerJ is offline Registered User
    Thanks Chichi for your reassurance which is very comforting.

Btw, I saw a lovely girl (less than age 3) swimming with her mother a couple of days ago. When it's time to go the baby girl had her little foot holding on to the edge of the pool...she didn't want to leave haha. That reminded me of you (as you mentioned you were swimming with your girl)! I hope I can soon experience that kind of bonding with a mini-me!

Have a lovely summer!

Hi, Golfer, Dr. Chan's contact is 25233328 and his office is at the Tak Shing House, Central.

Hi, Summer, Keep finger crossed and you will be fine.

rani is offline Administrator
    Sorry Moms,

it seems newdad, Rowenagil and amandachuch is the same person. Please ignore their comments.
    Last edited by rani; 08-14-2006 at 11:36 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast