Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is the clinic that is near Tsan Yuk??

elaine is offline Registered User

I live in Tseung Kwan O and I've been told I need to go to United Christian Hospital in Kwun Tong for check ups and delivery as assigned by the govt. I have not decided whether to go private or public as I'm only 7 weeks pregnant. Anyone with experience delivering in this hospital? Do you know if I can just register at say Eastern Hospital in Chai Wan or Tsan Yuk? Would they accept me?

Connie Kwok is offline Registered User

Dear Elaine,

You can register in any hospital in Hong Kong, in my memory, Tsan Yuk hospital is only for body check up only. You wil be told to go to Queen Mary for delivery.

Connie

elaine is offline Registered User

Thanks Connie!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

I am seeing a private doctor for antenatal check ups, but plan to deliver at the Queen Mary. Does anyone know when I will need to register at the Queen Mary, and take them my records?

RT

planb is offline Registered User

I delivered at QMH last year. I had all of my antenatal check ups at Tsan Yuk and also at the Sai Ying Pun Maternal Child Health Centre (this is located on the 6th (?) floor of the Sai Ying Pun Jockey Club...there is an entrance right next door to the Tsan Yuk Hospital, so it is very convenient). I have also had all of the immunisations and check ups for the baby at the Sai Ying Pun MCHC (thankfully, the waiting times for check ups are not so bad once you've had the baby - I wouldn't have gone back there if they had been as tedious as the antenatal appointments). I don't think it really matters when you register (as far as I understand, you will need to register at the Tsan Yuk to deliver at the Queen Mary). I think I was about 3 months pregnant when I registered, and there were women there who looked a lot more heavily pregnant. When I reached the latter stages of my pregnancy, they gave me my records to take home. It was then my responsibility to take them to my subsequent appointments, and of course, I had to make sure they were in my hospital bag ready to go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12