Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the clinic that is near Tsan Yuk??

future mommy is offline Registered User

Question What is the clinic that is near Tsan Yuk??

Hello Everyone,

I am just wondering whether I should go to "Tsan Yuk" for my check-ups and for any other services regarding to "pregnancy stuffs" because I am living in kennedy town? Some of my friends told me that if you're living in Kennedy town, and if you're pregnant, you should go to "Tsan Yuk" (they're not sure of the name though, they've said it's near Sai Ying Pun next to Tsan Yuk??) for check-ups and then later on they will advice you to go to QMH to give birth? Is that right? correct me if my understanding of the matter was being absurd.

Right now, I am going to the The Family Planning Assoc. of HK at Wan Chai for check-ups and vaccinations.

I think, gov't have assigned hospitals/clinics according to the districts that are much closer to you. But, I really don't have any idea/clue where's the one being assigned to our place. Help please!

rani is offline Administrator

Hi FM,

Once you're pregnant you can register yourself at Tsan Yuk. Its on Hospital Rd in Sai Yung Pun. Here's the contact #.
    http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hon...pital/details/

All you have to do is call and they will give you an appt to register.
    Rani

Last edited by rani; 01-15-2006 at 04:02 PM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

future mommy is offline Registered User

Oh, I see. Another question Rani, what if I wanted to give birth at QMH, Is it possible for Tsan Yuk to transfer me or my records there, even if I go through all the neccessary check-ups with them? And is QMH a public or private hospital??

Thanks, Rani!

rani is offline Administrator

Hi,

Tsan Yuk is only an outpatient clinic and you have to deliver at QMH. At around 35 weeks, they will give you all your records so you can take them to QMH if you go into labor. Towards the end your prenatal appts will be weekly so you will be responsible for bringing yr records to your appts.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

sunnysideup is offline Registered User

Hi Rani, do you know if one can have elective C-section at Queen Mary? I heard that "begging" may be required. Is this true or you are free to make that choice?

Sunny

rads is offline Banned

Hello Future Mommy,

I would recommend Tsan Yuk for all your check ups they are great speak good English the down side being the long time it takes at check ups anywhere from 1.5 hours to 3 hours....If you go to Tsan Yuk U will be having your baby at QMH....TYH does not deliver babies since 2001 I think...anyways u have to register at TYH first for that u need a referral letter from an MCH I think...anyways call them coz they only register new patients on certain days..WED & SAT I think.....

Hope that helps...Oh yeah TYH will send all your records to QMH.....

Hope this helps...

All the best....

rads is offline Banned

Hi Sunny,

You cannot BEG for an elective C-Section at any public hospital in HK...they plan it.....

I'm having an Elective C at QMH & all thru my pregnancy they kept telling me I have to TRY for a natural.....only in the end at 36 weeks they gave me a choice as I had had a C previously.....I believe IF you have any medical condition that reuires a C then they will also offer you a C.....like a breach or multiple births...

sunnysideup is offline Registered User

Thanks Rads for your reply. In that case, I will have to go to a private hospital for it. Very best of luck with your upcoming C-section, which must be in the next couple of weeks. All the best!

Sunny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast