Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Starters/KCIS

jmonkeypuppy is offline Registered User

Smile Starters/KCIS

Is there anyone who know about Starters (in Tai Hang/Wan Chai) and KCIS? After finishing the K2, which primary schools will most graduates from Starters and KCIS continue? Which one is better?

hunhun is offline Registered User
    I heard that Starters graduates mostly go to ESF primaries, whereas KCIS kindergarten/reception graduates mostly stay on.
    CAILLOU

CASPER

Thanks, Hunhun! BTW, do you have any advice to me as to how to choose between the two?

hunhun is offline Registered User
    Both are very good schools, though location of both shools makes dropping and picking up kids a big problem unless you opt for school buses.

Since KCIS is an "international" stream of a local school, not sure how ESF will categorise it for purpose of admission priorities. If your goal is ESF primaries, better check with them first.

There is a ESF kindergarten in Sheung Wan, have you consider that as well?
    CAILLOU

CASPER

I heard about ESF Kindergarten but it is quite far from my home at Causeway Bay. While I'm considering an international kindergarten for my son in the morning session, I also plan to have my son continued with the "local" stream of the KCIS in the afternoon session to learn more Chinese characters/Mandarin. Therefore, distance is also one of my consideration.

If there is no big difference between ESF Kindergarten and Starters, or if Starters is fine enough, I would limit my choice to KCIS and Starters. What do you think?

My "original" preference is KCIS but I have been hearing so many negative sayings about KCIS that make me re-think about it. Those sayings are mostly like...." the Engish standard is not enough", "KCIS is not internationally recognised", "KCIS does not worth its relatively high school fee as most students there are in fact Chinese and that really affects their English standards", " KCIS is not truely internatlionl", etc. .......

Please help me with my decision as I have been urged to pay the high deposits sson. But most importantly, I worry that this decision would affect or somehow limit his educational path in the future.