Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

New Mum in Hong Kong

sofia Guest

New Mum in Hong Kong

Hi everyone, I am moving to Hong Kong in March with my husband and two children of two and a half and one year old. I will be staying home with the kids, so I would like to know about mum & baby groups there. I still don´t know exactly where we will be living, I will write again after we are settled. In the meantime it would be really nice if I could hear from you about playgroups in Hong Kong. Cheers, Sofia

rani is offline Administrator

Hi Sofia,

Welcome to HK? Where are you moving from? Have any pre-moving questions for us? Lots of playgroups/activities to keep you and your little ones busy. Give us a shout when you are here.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

sofia Guest

Hi Rani, we are moving from Portugal, it will be a long journey! If you have any suggestions for long flights with babies, I would love to hear them!

In the meantime I found some more info in the net about playgroups there, it's good to know that there are quite a few playgroups and activities for mums and babies there!

My husband will be working in Harbour City, Kowloon, but I still have no idea where we will live, I would like to settle in a quiet area and preferably with parks or green areas around, any suggestions?

I'm looking forward to come to Hong Kong and will definitely write again after we arrive.

Sofia

Penny is offline Registered User

Hi Sofia,
    I have just moved here from Australia and I Love living in Kowloon Tong. Where I live is quiet and in a tree lined street with plenty of parks.
    If you do decide on Kowloon Tong I can recommend an honest property agent, very friendly, very helpful.
    Penny

sofia Guest

Thank you for your replies.

For the first two months (March and April) we will stay at the Pacific Club apartments in Harbour City, my husband will be coaching tennis there. That will give us some time to look around for a nice place to live.

Are there any playgroups or mums meeting in this area or somewhere nearby? Is it easy to go around with two babies without a car? Carolina is used to walking while Simão still goes in his pram (it's a small and light one, so it's easy to get around with it and close it if necessary).

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Kowloon TOng

Quote Originally Posted by Penny
    Hi Sofia,
    I have just moved here from Australia and I Love living in Kowloon Tong. Where I live is quiet and in a tree lined street with plenty of parks.
    If you do decide on Kowloon Tong I can recommend an honest property agent, very friendly, very helpful.
    Penny

Hi Penny.
    We are coming to HK sometime this summer and your area sounds nice. What kind of house/flat do you live in?

donosti is offline Registered User

Hi Sofia,
    I am from Spain and I will be moving to Hong Kong this year. We dont have a final date yet but I will be glad to meet you when I get there.
    Please keep me posted.
    Good Luck with the flight and the move!