Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

New mum in Hong Kong - where to live

sofia Guest

New mum in Hong Kong - where to live

Hi everyone, I am moving to Hong Kong (and looking forward to go!) in March with my husband and two children of two and a half and one year old. My husband will be coaching tennis at the Pacific Club, Harbour City, Kowloon. We still have no idea where we will be living, but we would like to live in a quiet area, with parks or green areas close by. Any suggestions? Sofia

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories
    Sai Kung!!!!!

If your husband is working in Kowloon City, then Sai Kung is quite do-able. Try to get a flat near Sai Kung Town, then it will only be about a 20 to 30 minute minibus commute to Kowloon City. A fairly large expat community is there as well.

You can read some more about Sai Kung in the District Counciil's publication "The District Link"

Look here for details about Sai Kung.

Otherwise, look in Tai Wai (on the KCR between Kowloon Tong & Shatin) - you can find some nice green spots there. However, the expat community is not so large: a good thing if you really want to become a part of the local community, but a bit hard if you feel shy about trying to shop and do things in a foreign language.