Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

cloth diapers/nappies

usfret is offline Registered User
    I found Doubibou quite expensive. You can buy cloth nappies at the local department stores. I got mine specially made from soft cotton cloth. I believe you can also buy cloth nappies at the wet market. Don't know how good they are but they are quite cheap.

Sylvieng is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by usfret
    I found Doubibou quite expensive. You can buy cloth nappies at the local department stores. I got mine specially made from soft cotton cloth. I believe you can also buy cloth nappies at the wet market. Don't know how good they are but they are quite cheap.
    Hi,

Can you tell me more about the wet market where we can find cloth diapers ? Of course, I'm talking about the modern kind cloth diaper, not the ones you have to fold and so on...

Thanks,

doubibou is offline Registered User
    Well yes there is no doubt that flat diapers are much less expensive than the ones carried out in doubibou.

We carefully selected our products at doubibou to be able to provide parents with products of quality that they would not find in local stores, and that need to be imported ... hence at a higher cost.

Many parents were reluctant to use cloth nappies because of the folding and pinning and are now happily cloth diapering because of this fun, easy and convenient cloth diapers. I personnally also used 'flat cotton nappies' when my baby was born and then switched to other kind of nappies when she grew up but will still use the flat nappies as 'inserts'.

Just to give you an idea, I attach 2 pictures

Sophie

PS: Sylvie, I think that usfret was refering to the flat diapers available in the wet market and in many other local stores but not to the modern ones:)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flatdiaper.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FittedDiaper.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	207  

usfret is offline Registered User
    Hi Sophie & Sylvie,

Yes the diapers available at the wet market are the traditional flat diapers and I agree with Sophie they require more effort in washing caring. But since my baby is only 3 weeks old I find it quite convenient at this moment. I will have to consider using the modern diapers once he is a little older and we start taking him around and about. You could try Mothercare for more modern cloth diapers.

Sophie, I do like your nappy wraps. Are the wraps designed to fit any kind of nappies?

Sylvieng is offline Registered User
    Thanks... Just making sure that we understood each others ;-)

Hello

Mothercare only carries the Prefold type of diapers, which are equal to the traditional 'flat ones' but in a thicker cotton. If you manage with the folding (some people do not have patience for that!), they are not bad actually since they hold good and are less bulky.. and cheaper!

Regarding our wraps Usfret, yes they can fit any type of nappies because the fabric is quite stretchy actually.

A nice week end to you all:)
    Sophie

joannek is offline Registered User
    are cloth diapers more bulky? i used kushies when my baby was 2-6 mths. but they leak at night (even w/ the add-in inserts), leak when poo-ing (breastfed poo is quite liquid), and very hot for hk's summer. are doubibou different? i finally had to switch to tushies (disposable cotton diapers) cos it was so hot my babies had rash anyway.

Dear Joannek,

cloth diapers tend to be bulkier.. even though it depends on the kind of diaper you use and that today you can find some pretty 'slim' cloth nappies especially using hemp or terry bamboo.

Regarding the kushies and anykind of 'All-In-One' actually, don't use them with breastfed babies as you might indeed encounter leak and leak. For totally breastfed babies, just go with the 'nappy + cover' option, which is the safest (as soon as your baby starts eating something else, the poo 'structure' completely changes and then you can use which ever type of diaper you prefer)

for night time, you need more absorbency so one reason why your diapers were leaking could be either because they were not absorbent enough (and you might try to add another add-in insert) or maybe was it leaking from the belly as the kushies doesn't have any elastic on the front side and may leave it 'open' - i personnally add quite some leaks that way.
    However, for time night, the safest option would also be the nappy + cover (or wrap).
    but the kushies exist in both ways AIO or nappy + cover so maybe could you try the other version?

Then if your babies had diaper rash, maybe was it because of the contact with wetness and then you could try to add a microfleece inner to keep your baby dry?

regarding our hot weather, well disposable diapers are actually hotter than cloth (imagine a plastic around your baby's bottoms?) since nappy covers (or wraps) are made in breathable fabric nowadays. and for the information, the coolest option would be wool cover, than fleece and finally PUL cover...

HTH
    sophie:)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast