Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

cloth diapers/nappies

Phoebe is offline Registered User

Question cloth diapers/nappies

Hi all, does anyone know of a cloth diaper service here? I've read lots about the skin benefits for the baby, not to mention the garbage issue. I'm looking for a place that picks up and drops off , like they do with water bottles.

Also I'd love to hear about anyone's satisfactory alternatives to having a live-in helper. Have any of you tried a combination of cleaning service and 2xweek babysitter? Did it work? Any recommendations?

Thanks so much,
    Phoebe

hunhun is offline Registered User

Hi Phoebe,

We used to use disposable Huggies on my second baby, but have switched to using cloth nappies. It's great, soaks up really well, and is not a hassle whatsoever.Wish we had known the convenience when my first child was born!

We dump the soiled nappies into the washing machine and dryer every other day, and I don't feel the need of using any nappy services. In fact, I am not sure whether there is such service in HK.

Hunhun

benjy is offline Banned

Hello!
    As far as I know, there isn't anything like a Diaper Laundry Service overhere.. probably not enough interest?
    For my part, I'm also cloth diapering on full time and wouldn't change for anything. When we got a helper, I showed her and explained her how to put it and haven't encountered any difficulty. Anyway, it's very easy and not much different from any diaper apart from the laundery aspect (and more cute!)..
    benjy

Asonia is offline Registered User

Saw an ad recently - cannot remember on which site - one of the expat sites - for cloth nappies - withlooks and fits that work as disposable diapers .... only difference - these are cloth , so washable.
    company had an odd name - sort of like "doodad" or somethingsimilar.

anbody else seen / read about this company?
    s'posed to be available in HK!!!

rani is offline Administrator

Were you thinking of Doubibou?

http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hon...bibou/details/

There's also Bumwear in Singapore

www.bumwear.com

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

usfret is offline Registered User

Am using cloth nappies full time too. Sure, the washing is a bit of a hassle but it is so good for the baby as he was getting a nasty rash with disposables. I wash almost two loads every day (!!) I rinse the soiled nappies in the toilet then soak them in hot water with two capfuls of dettol (or more depending on the load) before putting them through the washing machine.

firsttimemom is offline Registered User

Hi benjy & Usfret,

Are you using this doubibou? how many pieces do i need to buy if i wanna use cloth nappies full time? Where did you buy it? thanks.

doubibou is offline Registered User

Hello FirstTimeMom!

I am Sophie behind Doubibou where we are retailing well known, tested and approved British and American cloth nappies:)

To respond to the question about the quantity of nappies, this will depend on the washing routine, whether you wish to wash every day or not, and whether you have a dryer or not. But I would say that a minimum of 10/15 for a new born would not be bad. However, it is better to try first a few ones before buying a whole lot.

Usfret,
    Have you tried the 'dry pail' method, without soaking your nappies? You could then add dettol in your washing cycle, which would be less hassle for you but still giving you nice and clean cloth nappies!

HTH
    Sophie:)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast