Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

maternity insurance..any recommendations?

betheresoon is offline Registered User
    Hi all,

Does any insurance company cover IVF (ICSI)? We are expecting our first baby in Oct & we went through ICSI in Australia.

Thanks!

fusciaskies is offline Registered User
    Hello, can I just clarify the insurance poilcy language when it states that the insurance will not cover maternity for 10 months from the purchase date? Does this mean if I were to get pregant within 5 months of purchasing the insurance, the insurance would then kick in and I could get reimbursed for the prenatal care starting 5 months later (when the 10 months waiting would be over) and could also get the delivery costs covered (since it would be 14 months total from the date of purchase of the insurance? Or alternatively, is it that you can't get pregnant for the 10 months in order for the insurance to cover maternity costs? I have just had a miscarriage (and do not have much insurance) and was thinking perhaps I could buy insurance for the next baby we try for.

soberano is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by fusciaskies View Post
    Hello, can I just clarify the insurance poilcy language when it states that the insurance will not cover maternity for 10 months from the purchase date? Does this mean if I were to get pregant within 5 months of purchasing the insurance, the insurance would then kick in and I could get reimbursed for the prenatal care starting 5 months later (when the 10 months waiting would be over) and could also get the delivery costs covered (since it would be 14 months total from the date of purchase of the insurance? Or alternatively, is it that you can't get pregnant for the 10 months in order for the insurance to cover maternity costs? I have just had a miscarriage (and do not have much insurance) and was thinking perhaps I could buy insurance for the next baby we try for.
    Hello Fusciaskies! Did you find out about the insurance??? I don't understand it either ;-)
    Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

jessy36 is offline Registered User
    Hi guys, just moved to HK with my husband from Canada and am overwhelmed by the prices and cost for giving birth in HK. Having maternity insurance for me is something new and am glad I came across this site. Right now i'm thinking of some cord blood storage for my baby. Have you guys heard of that?

jessy36 is offline Registered User
    Congrats with the schedule at the hospital that you want. I wanted to go to Canossa, but they were all full. I'm thinking of better options near my place or my god mother's. As for the service, I've heard of cordlife and this other one. I think there are a few big ones. Can't remember.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123