Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

4 month old's activities

a mom is offline Registered User

4 month old's activities

I'm looking for some ideas for things to do with my 4 month old baby. He loves to "talk" and I'm quite addicted to chatting with him but realize we need to perhaps explore other activities. So what do you do for fun with a 4 month old?

mandz is offline Registered User

Hi "A mom'

I loved the 4 mth stage, they were still so portable in the first car seat. I would take my little girl to the supermarket and instead of a half hour shop we were there 1.5 hrs. The car seat fitted on the trolly. I would explain each thing I was putting in, and let her hold different objects as we went around. eggplant, banana, potato etc for different textures and weights.

Bus rides are great, my little one is 6 mths (hmm7 mths now) and loves spying at people out the window.

Swimming is good
    Playing CDs and singing or enrolling in Kindermusik
    Reading 'Hairy McClarey' books

Amanda

PreggerC is offline Registered User

activities for 4mo.

Hi Amanda - how did you (and your baby of course!) like the Kindermusic class? did you go to the one in TST?

rani is offline Administrator
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

mandz is offline Registered User

kindermusik Reply

PreggerC

We are still going to Kindermusik up at Parkview and my little on thinks its fantastic. The teacher sings really well and she spends all her time listening and watching her, takes the pressure of me and my voice!!

Amanda

babyboom is offline Registered User

you can try going out and make him sightsee a lot of things.at that age they seem to be very much alert and ready to drinkin other views, apart from the boring four walls inside the house and the peds. office!

Zen
    Zen is offline Registered User

Smile

My 4-month old loves to look at the bright pictures in my magazines. She tries her hardest to grab the pages and stuff them into her mouth.
    She's fascinated by the mirror as well.

Yan
    Yan is offline Registered User

I bring my baby to supermarket everyday. Even my maid will go to supermarket for dinner, but I find that supermarket is a good place for baby explore the world. Inside, baby can see people, can see lots of different colour, can smell the fresh food, and is weather proof.
    The baby area of Toys library @ Central library is also a good place for even 4 months old. I bring my girl there, she can roll and roll. She can interact with other baby, and most important is free of charge.
    I will not force myself to play with my baby if I don't feel it. Oppositely, I will carry my baby to do what I like to do sometime, like I used to read and replied email on afternoon, then I will carry her on my lap. She will look around but not just the monitor. But I will make sure the lighting is ok for the baby. Sometime if I feel like go to shopping, I will just put her into the sling and go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast