Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Food to avoid

mau
    mau is offline Registered User

Wink

My Dr. said no need to eat bird's nest due to pollution, bird's nest is not as good as 20 yrs ago. Also, avoid watermelon as there's an element inside affecting your uterus and causing miscarrage. No big fish from deep sea because it contains mercury which affects baby's braine. The only seafood you can eat is fish but small in size, better for those catching from the sea

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Thanks Valencia, loupou and mao for your tips. Really appreciate it.

Virgobb, I love your long msg, it really helps, i strongly believe that food is important esp on the first trimester, i had a bad experience on that so this time i try to avoid everything that i read, truth or no truth, nothing to loose, there's a lot of food to eat. Hey, i've eaten bittergourd, it's the same as bittermelon, right? that's the first time i heard of that as cooling. Though i just ate maybe half of it, i put sesame oil in almost all of my vege to keep it hot. Hope it is okay that i ate that. That's the only no no from all the list here that i've eaten. Thanks again.

CKJ
    CKJ is offline Registered User

Food to avoid

Hi, it is informative to learn about all these traditions. However, one thing is against what my doctor is telling me. It was mentioned a few times from previous posting that banana is to be avoid. But I am having a moderate constipation and the doctor asked me to eat "big" banana, the one which is a bit sour, and it works.

Hi Virgobb & Loupou,

Do you know if the foods we've discussed to avoid is good for the first trimester only? what does the chinese belief on this? is it safe now to eat cooling foods and fruits like watermelon, banana, etc.

Thanks....

kellyst is offline Registered User
    yes bird's nest throughout pregnancy and also as i'm breastfeeding as well. i think that it did help with the baby's skin. but you only need about a tablespoon a day, i drink it with milk every morning.

with banana, my MIL said that it will cause muscle cramps both for me and the baby. i take all of the Chinese advice with a grain of salt.. but i had a banana one night and the cramps did happen... stopped having it, and i seldom had cramps anymore, might be coincidence, might be true... i stayed clear of it through the pregnancy months.

also heard that fruts like watermelon are ok the few weeks before you give birth, allegedly helps the baby 'slides' out. this is also said for 'fish stomach'. kind of funny i think...
    Last edited by kellyst; 04-12-2006 at 01:39 PM.

thanks kellyst,

Is the birdsnest you're taking the ready made one in a bottle, i don't think i have the time to cook and prepare it, so the bottle one is covnenient to take.

I guess banana and watermelon family are all cooling foods.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234