Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

4-6 year old playdates with kids NOT in school?

noah's mummy is offline Registered User

4-6 year old playdates with kids NOT in school?

We're very fortunate to have lots of neighbours and kids for playdates MOST of the time but most kids this age are in school for at least half the day (some all day) so it becomes a comical juggling act on occasion. Boy x from 9:30-11:30, girl y from 1:30-3:00, family z from 4-6. Phew!! I spend lots of evenings on the phone arranging the next day's play-dates with the neighbourhood kids (ranging in age from 3-7, both genders, all nationalities, some with Mums home and some with helpers)

Am I the lone "holdout" on not putting our son into school yet? There must be some others who aren't yet in kindergarten?

What I'm looking for ideally is someone aged 4-6 who is free ALL day to do an extended activity with such as going to science or space museum, Ocean Park on a weekday, beaches, parks, etc. and who doesn't have to rush back for school at noon. Other ages are OK but of course the ages need to work well together.

We're in Tsing Yi but 15 mins to Central and happy to meet at a park, the zoo, the beach, our home, your home, whatever. Perhaps set it up for a regular day per week if things go well? This is for a 4 and a half year old boy and our wonderful helper.

Anyone out there? Christie

Poppy_74 is offline Registered User

Hello Christie

I too have a 4 year old son, who does not attend school, and a 1 1/2 yo girl. We are here on a short-term stay (until April) from Sydney and would like to meet up with some playmates. We are living in Island East area but are able to travel (with directions, of course). We are free weekdays and would love to play with some new friends. Let us know if you would like to make a "date".

Cheers, Lee-Anne.

Last edited by Poppy_74; 02-10-2006 at 10:39 PM.

noah's mummy is offline Registered User

Love to Lee-Anne (we're Canadian but our geographically challenged son spent last CNY in Sydney/Brisbane and our son now talks about how he is Australian!)

Give me a ring on 6130-9846 and we'll set something up for next week...

Christie