Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr. Sonia Lee /Dr. Vio Partners???

babs3241 is offline Registered User

Dr. Sonia Lee /Dr. Vio Partners???

I am having mixed feeling about Dr. Sonia Lee. Can any of you share your personal experiences with her? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Lylah is offline Registered User
    I saw her almost 3 years ago (pregnant with my son then)... but only for the first trimester. Had to go back home on my 5th month until i gave birth beause of SARS at that time. Needless to say, I think she provided basic pre-natal care but wouldn't say she's the most fabulous one out there. I always get the feeling of being rushed, and for a first time mom (i had a difficult pregnancy - vomiting from the first month till labor, spotting happened 3 times, premature labour etc), she did not give me a strong re-assurance that everything was ok. I had to deal with it on my own by talking with friends and reading up.
    If i decide to get pregnant again, I'd probably look for another one with much better recommendations

Jah
    Jah is offline Registered User
    Hi, overall I was quite happy with Dr. Sonia Lee, was with her all through the nine months and she was perfect through the delivery as well. There were times I would page her and she would call immediately. I agree she does not reply to all the questions you ask her, I guess we as first time moms have a lot of questions, some of which not relevant. Overall she did pretty make sure all was well at different stages of the pregnancy. Second round I would surely go back to her. Good Luck.

babs3241 is offline Registered User
    Thanks girls for your input. I do think she is a good doctor I just may need a little more compassion. I am surprised that more women have not been to her before. I really do appreciate your sharing with me.

once bitten is offline Registered User
    My experience with Dr Lee is a horror story. She did not pick up a very major brain and spinal problem with my baby during all her scans and I ended up with a very traumatic late term abortion due to this. When my baby was delivered stillborn she was not even there until after the delivery had finished. Everything was done by the midwife with a few occasional visits from Dr Lee during the whole dreadful experience.

I strongly suggest that you consider Dr Lord as your OB/GYN. She is professional, highly competent and doesn't take chances. Dr Lam is excellent with scanning and in very difficult circumstances I found him to be extremely caring and knowledgeable. Both Dr Lord and Dr Lam are fantastic. Steer clear of Dr Lee.
    Last edited by once bitten; 04-22-2006 at 08:29 PM.

matemate is offline Registered User
    anyone had further experiences with dr lee? appreciate to hear whatever you have to tell

libbyfab is offline Registered User

Dr. Lee-Dr. vio

Hi Matemate

Hope it isn't too late to reply to your question.
    I had my baby back in September, and Dr. Lee was my OB/GYN. I have seen the very first thread when I first decided to see her, and had my worries as well.
    I think Dr. Lee did a great job throughout my pregnancy, she did give me enough time to discuss any questions I had, and at times, and overall I was very comfortable with her. I don't recall any time that I felt she didn't give me enough information, etc. I've emailed her before with qs, and she'd reply as well.

At Dr.Vio; I felt that the wait was never too long, as you'd likely just have one person ahead of you, whereas I've heard stories from other mommy friends where the very "popular" doctors would have you waiting, with overlapping patients for a very long time.

I would just like to say that, because I ended up with an emergency C-section, and she showed up just when I was reeled into the OR, so that did make me a little worried.

I would go to her again when I have my second one.

Hope this helps.