Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any good violin teacher?

gracemaryanne is offline Registered User

Any good violin teacher?

Does anyone know of any good violin or piano teacher for my 4.5 year old?
    Preferably able to come to my home at Midlevels....

jli_99 is offline Registered User
    yes I know one

mabelchan is offline Registered User
    im 17 and i have had this violin teacher for around 8 years and i have passed my grade 8 exams! he is an excellent teacher. here is his number, 27850235 and he is called Mr. Lim. if he asks, say Mabel Chan referred him

zapteo is offline Registered User
    I have just started my 5 yr old boy for violin lesson and so far it seems ok save that he is not that enthusistic when it comes to practice. Being a not-musically-trained parent, I wonder whether piano would be a better instrument to start off instead, or is it possible or confusing to learn both at the same time? (my boy said "violin first, piano second".) Or should I just encourage my boy to stick it out for a period of time? Any advice from musically trained persons out there?

secretsquirrel is offline Registered User
    Since we are on the topic, would anybody knows of any group piano or violin lesson conducted in English (not mixed with Cantonese) near Taikoo area? My girl who is 5.5 yrs old is interested but I have not come across any yet. Appreciate any advise.

Denise_L is offline Registered User

Piano teacher

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel
    Since we are on the topic, would anybody knows of any group piano or violin lesson conducted in English (not mixed with Cantonese) near Taikoo area? My girl who is 5.5 yrs old is interested but I have not come across any yet. Appreciate any advise.
    I just know a young female piano teacher who lived in Canada for more than ten years, she used to teach around Quarry Bay. You can ask if she will go to Tai Koo. My friend's son just started with her, at least she is very enthusiastic w/ music and the little guy is having a lot of fun w/ her.
    But i know she is charging around $4XX / hr

Karishma is offline Registered User
    mabel,

im interested in yr violin teacher. my son has been going on and on abt how he wants to play the 'guitar with a stick!' ha ha ha ha! how much does yr teacher charge?????

thnx
    Karishma.

mabelchan is offline Registered User

violin teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Karishma
    mabel,

im interested in yr violin teacher. my son has been going on and on abt how he wants to play the 'guitar with a stick!' ha ha ha ha! how much does yr teacher charge?????

thnx
    Karishma.

my violin teacher is pretty pricey as he teaches really well. I have a 5 year old brother who also learns the violin from him now and he charges $325 per lesson. this is the price for younger kids but then if you are learning for higher grades such as ABRSM grade 8, the price is $600 per lesson. He's good though and he knows his stuff such as going through ABRSM exams.
    I guess if you're looking for a not too pricey teacher and if your kid is just going to start, I could probably teach him the basics as I am constantly overlooking my brother's violin practices. I have passed grade 8 ABRSM exam and Grade 5 music theory with distinction. However, I am only available until August 11th as I will be going to University in the states this year.

please feel free to contact me at
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast