Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

teething signs?

bbc mom is offline Registered User

teething signs?

What are the signs of teething?

My son is now 6.5 months and appears to be teething but he also had his 6-in-1 jab last week so not sure if this has also caused the following.

1. sudden waking and crying with tears.
    2. there seems to be some white outline on his gums.
    3. is now refusing to open mouth for solids (only started weaning at 6 months but ate 4-5 spoons of rice cereal everyday).
    4. sometimes his cheeks and chin will turn red but no drooling.
    5. reduced biting on fingers/hands but still putting things in mouth.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    If he is teething, does he need to see a doctor/dentist or just let nature take its course?

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi bbc mom,

From what you've decscibed it sounds like teething. I don't think you need to see a doctor or dentist, it's a completely normal, if not painful stage.

These are the things I did with my two children when they were teething:
    * If the pain gets too bad, then Calpol or panadol (child's paracetamol) should get them through it.

* We used to try a stage before the Calpol, which was to give them some Teetha crystals (from Bumps to Babes). These crystals are a natural remedy and can work as long as the pain isn't too great.

* We also bought a teething ring which can be placed in the fridge as this will cool their gums down and sooth the pain. Another good gum soother is a banana that has been put in the fridge to chew on.

You might find that some of the teeth coming through are more painful than others. With my daughter, once her front teeth were through she didn't have much pain after that.

I hope that helps

Jools

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    My kids didn't drool much, they tended to swallow their saliva, which seemed to give them nappy rash. So, when they started to get a bad case of nappy rash, I knew they were about to cut another tooth.

Bonjela worked for us a bit.

mummybee is offline Registered User

teething

bbc,

my baby girl, also 6.5 months, displays EXACTLY what you described - sudden waking and crying at night and reduces finger bitting but gnaws on everything else.

can i ask what you are doing to relieve the pain? i ahve been told Hyland's teething gel or tablets are great but anyone knows where i can get them from in HK?

Also, what do you do when your baby cries at night? do you pick him/her up for every crying session? i have been doing that but worry i may be spoling her ie will she get so used to it she wants it even when teething pain is gone?

thanks!

bbc mom is offline Registered User
    mummybee

I've posted a reply on your other thread.
    Forgot to mention calgel can only be used 6 times a day max.

bbc mom

Renai is offline Registered User
    Hi bbc mum,

Just joined this. Sorry that I can't search where you posted for the place that I can buy hylands teething tablet. It's excellent for my elder daughter few years ago as I used to buy it from a chiropractor but too bad that she is no longer selling now. Where you or anyone can tell me to buy?

Urgent mom!

Renai

Kimmi is offline Registered User
    Hi Renai
    You can purchase Hylands Teething Tablets from: Green Concepts Co (www.healthshop.com.hk)
    Basement 31 Queens Rd, next to Melbourne Plaza Or Shop 25 Prosperous Commercial Blg 54 Jardines Bazaar Causeway Bay. Phone them before you go to make sure they have stock
    Queens Rd: 3113 5848 or Causeway Bay: 2890 8469
    Last edited by Kimmi; 03-16-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Renai is offline Registered User
    Hi Kimmi,

Checked with stocks. Thank you so much for your prompt attention. You are really like an ambulance for me as my son keeps crying at night for his pain yet make him sweating and coughing. Just can't express how grateful I am.

Renai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast