Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

P2 ideas in pokfulam

sharonwong is offline Registered User

P2 ideas in pokfulam

i'm on a wait list for kennedy, HKIS, GSIS and CIS.

i'm planning to be in hk beginning of the summer. if my child who is entering P2 (1st grade in the states) does not get placed in these schools which schools do you recommend that i apply to while waiting?

my son is a native english speaker, understands some german and is learning mandarin.

your thoughts are appreciated

Mrs.Lee is offline Registered User
    ISF Academy. They target to train their students to have two mother tongues : Mandarin Chinese and English. During Grade 1-6, the whole environment will be in Mandarin Chinese. Weighting in English will increase gradually as kids promote. During Grade 7-13, the whole environment will be in English. I visited the school during their opening day last year and I am convinced that the school kids can make it. Additionally, I like the value of the school : they basically give free hands to kids as long as it is safe but need them to be responsible for they do.

I will put my chips (my kid) on it.

Their website is http://www.theisfacademy.edu.hk/admi...nancialaid.htm

thanks mrs. lee
    that can be an option however, i don't think he will be able to be placed easily as doesn't know cantonese or mandarin. even if he gets accepted i believe he will have a terrible time not understanding the instructor.
    any other ideas?

Mrs.Lee is offline Registered User
    The school doesn't required studetns to have any prior knowledge of Mandarin. They will group students according to their level of competency. When it comes to your worry over the frustration your kid may have, I think this is the unavodiable stage to learn something new. Nevertheless, I can speak for the school. The best is you write to the school directly if you are interested.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    Have you looked at Kellett School, http://www.kellettschool.com/
    It is in Pokfulam and has a very similar curriculum to the ESF schools (e.g. Kennedy School).

thank you mrs.lee. i will look info isf.
    thank you barbwong. i did actually look into kellett and in fact a friend has suggested it a few years ago. i will look at the website again. do you have any experience with this school?