Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Visiting HK/Shatin with baby - what to do??

sonalidale is offline Registered User

Question Visiting HK/Shatin with baby - what to do??

Hello! My husband has a conference coming up this weekend, and we'll be staying with him at the Regal Riverside Hotel in Shatin. I will be busy with our very active 4-month old son during the day. Any ideas on what I can easily do with him in the Shatin area? Not sure if I'm brave enough to venture with him in the Baby Bjorn into the main part of the city, but I would like to go to Bumps to Babes while there....Is Public Transportation easy enough? Would you recommend taking a stroller on it? Or is better to just stay in the Shatin area and wait for my husband to travel with us during the evenings? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Sonali
    [email protected]

Wai-Mei Ho is offline Registered User

Shatin & Bumps to Babes

There's a park or Snoopyland that you can visit, not to mention all the shops at the main city mall. The Regal Riverside requires you to get a taxi to the main mall as well as the station but it only takes about 5 minutes anyway. If you are travelling by taxi then you would probably be better off bringing your Bjorn if you don't hve. a car seat for the baby.

Shatin is extremely crowded during the weekend by the way.

If you travel w/ your stroller on public transport it's OK, but it's not v. convenient. There's lot's of escalators to go up & down in the underground train stations and the same w/ alot of shopping malls.

You didn't mention which location that you plan to visit Bumps to Babes at. If you plan on going to the one in Central which takes about 40mins. from Shatin be prepared to carry your stroller up some steps. The alternative is catch a taxi all the way to South Horizon Bldg. in Ap Lei Chau where the biggest Bumps to Babes is located & there's some other interesting shops there too to browse. But it will be a bit mre. expensive to get there by taxi.

rani is offline Administrator

Sonali,

Not sure what you're looking for at BB but there is a huge Toys R Us in Shatin you may want to checkout first

http://www.toysrus.com.hk/inside/location.htm#

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

sonalidale is offline Registered User

thanks!

Good advice! Thank you! I'll probably hang around Shatin during the day, and then drag my husband to help me with the babe at night for longer trips. Don't need anything in particular - just looking - so will definitely check out that Toys R Us!

Thanks,
    Sonali