Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Oct Expectant Buddies

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Nice meeting you yesterday Betsy, Sunrays and Matty ;-)

Hi Mom_babes, i've sent you a PM.

gidget is offline Registered User
    Hello October Mummies.
    Boy am I glad I found you, I am new to this forum, and don't know any pregnant women, or any women with children for that matter, in Hong Kong, so I need help!

This is my first pregnancy and my due date is the 1st October. I live in the Mid Levels. Am very keen to join you on one of your lunches, but work full time, so shall keep an eye out on the lunches thread for a day that suits.

Off to search for threads about what sort of pram is suitable for Hong Kong!!

Matty is offline Registered User
    Hi Heidypie,

I have this great book that breaks down what each vitamin and mineral does during pregnancy (i'll bring it to the next few lunches).
    Supposedly, lack of essential fatty acids (omega 3,6,9) is responsible for a 2-3 per cent shrinkage of a pregnant woman's brain!
    If you don't get enough from your diet, the baby takes it straight out of your brain!
    Taking fish oil of flaxseed oil supplements can help stop the vagueness.

Cheers,

Matty.

heidypie is offline Registered User

Hiya

Hi Matty,
    Thanks for info on flaxseed, i heard it's also good for constipation :-)
    Hi Gidget - My due date is 4 Oct, so fairly close. Looking forward to meeting you. I think we are having a lunch on 5 May which is a national holiday (place yet to be decided). I work too so this is a good chance to meet some other mums-to-be.
    H

salzi is offline Registered User

Pregnancy Clothes

Hi!
    Just want to share with you that I went to the Ladiesmarket in Mong Kok and found two maternity clothes stalls (both are located next to a junction, one is one the left side and one approx. 500m further down at the next junction on the right side). I found the bigger stall better as they had more choices. I bought a great jeans for 108 HKD, several other summer trousers for each 98 HKD and some tops and basic t-shirts each around 50-90 HKD. You can even ask for a small discount..

Have to mention that they as well sell the ugly huge maternity dresses, but when you take some time to look you can find some cute tops and basic shirts and great trousers/jeans.

Happy shopping! If you need more information pls feel free to drop me a Personal Message.

Ciao

sunrays is offline Registered User
    Great tip Salzi! Do you know which junction the stalls are at? I was at Jusco and browsing their maternity section. Similar to your experience, they had lots of frilly tents and other ugly things but if you dug deep there were some great finds. I found some cool jeans for under $400 but will give your place a go. My problem is that being tall, jeans and trousers are often too short, which is why I was so surprised at finding something in Jusco.

Hey Matty I think your fish/flax seed oil tip is working. I have been feeling much more on the ball and can do my Suduko again!!

Off for my check-up today. Take care everyone

salzi is offline Registered User
    Hi Sunrays,
    unfortunately I can not tell exactly which junction as I was just walking through the ladies market and found the two stalls. Best is you take the MTR, Exit Bank Centre and go to the Ladies Market. You should then go towards Dundas Street. Then you locate a maternity cloth stall on the right side at a junction and on the next junction there is a maternity clothes stall on the far left side (which is the bigger stall). You will see the typical huge ugly maternity dresses, but you can make some great finds...some of the clothes you can find at much higher price at the maternity clothes shops.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hello,

Nobody post here now. Hope everyone's well.

What's the remedy for sorethroat? i have it today so i'm feeling low.

Cheers.......

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast