Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Oct Expectant Buddies

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Congrats Sunrays and xox for a baby girl!

I prefer a group antenatal class, Yvonne has no schedule for July and August, so if you want her, you can join the June class, 3 sessions only.

I've finally found a helper from Philippines. If anyone is thinking of getting one, the normal agency fee is $888-1,000 and the helper has to pay big amount of money thru an agency, something like 70k pesos. If you direct hire, like what i did, it cost $3,200 in total. If you get a break contract or terminated one, no cost at all as we can do the processing and no need for an agency.....phew, this is what i'm busy with last week, interviewing helpers. Processing takes 2-3 months, so you better get one soon in time for our due date.
    Last edited by mamaS; 05-30-2006 at 09:28 PM.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    My husband and I were planning to go to Matilda for classes, but won't be now if they are all full- our other choice is Annerley, but due to my husbands work we will have to opt for private classes; going to look into classes at the Canossa too.
    When is a good time to start the classes?, Currently 20 weeks pregnant; and we are having a boy- another one to add to the list due in October!

gidget is offline Registered User
    Congratulations Sunrays and XOX on your girls!
    Also Alex, that's great news!

Nice to meet you Matty and Little Bubs, last week for lunch. Matty I am still going mad about the prams. I really do want the capsule, does it fit int he Graco you have chosen?
    Little Bub, I am off to London next week. If you get the chance, would you mind posting the web sites you talked about for there.

Really, the Matilda ante natal classes are full! We're going there on the weekend for a hospital visit and were going to ask then.

Shall look into Annerley etc then. For those of you haveing a c sec, are you doing the full ante natal classes or is there a 'special' class for c secs?

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaS

I prefer a group antenatal class, Yvonne has no schedule for July and August, so if you want her, you can join the June class, 3 sessions only.
    I just spoke to Yvonne and she's happy to organise antenatal classes for the Oct Moms in July. She's free on Tues evenings. Does that work for everybody? If not, perhaps MamaS you can liaise with her and select a day that suits everyone.

:bighug
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

elaine is offline Registered User
    i'm interested in the classes. Could someone let me know more details? Thanks.

Matty is offline Registered User
    Congratulations Xox and Sunrays on the girls!
    I think now we have 6 boys and 2 girls that we know of.

Conratulations Alex! Hope the morning sickness isn't too bad. Don't forget to try the old Australian remedy Budaberg ginger beer, which you can get at Wellcome.
    It worked a treat for me!

Thanks Lil bub for the websites. I decided I couldn't face the 15 hr filght to New York this week, but my poor husband has a list of shopping to do!

Gidget, the Maxi Cosi and the Graco that I have chosen lock in nice and tight together.
    I went to Bumps to babes at Ap Lei Chau where you can try things out together. I then found the two products cheaper in Toys r Us and Wing on.
    My only advice as a Hong Kong nanny is the 0ne hand rule, unless you will be travelling everywhere in your own car, if you can't fold and unfold it with one hand while holding your baby in the other, don't even look at it.

I've started lactating a small amount, (I'm 22 weeks) anyone else experiencing this? It seems abnormally early.

Cheers,
    Matty

sunrays is offline Registered User
    Great news xox....I've now changed the Geobaby site to girl!!

Thanks for speaking to Yvonne for us Rani. I talked to her yesterday and will see if I can set something up in September as I'm away for two weeks in July and she's away in August.

Yvonne does 3 two-hour classes for $1000 or you can do them privately for $630 an hour. She teaches the Matilda ones, so next best thing if you were wanting to go there.

Canossa have classes 23rd Aug - 27th Sept and are $750. Adventist has 4 classes in July, none in August and no schedule yet for September. They are $1000. Sanatorium only has them in Cantonese. Annerley and Everdawn midwives also do classes but not heard back from them yet.

Feel I should be thinking of prams too.....have NO idea...anyone else know what they are getting??

Sunrays

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the info.- will contact Yvonne directly, as unable to do Tuesday evenings due to husbands work!

We are going to get the Bugaboo Chameleon.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast