Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Oct Expectant Buddies

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by gidget
    For those of you haveing a c sec, are you doing the full ante natal classes or is there a 'special' class for c secs?
    At Adventist, the course seems focus on breathing, etc. for normal deliveries. I've asked Yvonne about this and she said her course discusses topics like C-section, epidural.

I'm thinking of joining Canossa's antenatal as i've read good reviews on them too. There's an earlier course, sunrays, July 12-Aug 16, that would be better than the Aug. 23-Sept 27, as some of us will give birth first week of October.

Is the home visits after birth necessary? anyone availing this?

rani is offline Administrator
    Oct Moms,

Just received an email from the Matilda. They are organizing antenatal classes on Wed evenings starting from July 26. To book email [email protected].
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

xox
    xox is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani for looking into that for us. The timing would be perfect for Oct mums - to - be!
    xox

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

2 things

About the home visits after birth, wasnt so keen to do it as I throught that I would like my intimacy back (9 months being under medical eye, I wanted to be cool after the baby's here. Well I have to say that I listen to my husband who told me "look, make her come, speak to her, see what happens and if you dont like put here out and call it a day" he was so right !!! I've been able to ask some questions I hadnt even throught about before she arrived, she checked my abd and recommend me some exercices and also checked my milk supply as I was breast-feeding (and I had nobody to help as my mother didnt BF). She also weight the baby. Well it helped me a lot.
    She came twice one few days after we got home and one 1 week after and I really felt more cool after.

Also I remember from our first lunch that all of you dont have helper and are not so hot to take one once the baby is there.

Maybe I can share with you my experience as I was like that, I didnt want a helper to come into our family, live home, raise my baby for me or clean my husban underwear, well... I was not confortable with the system. Sasha is now 1 year old so I've been taking care of him on my own since his birth + organizing the home (I have a part time 3 times a week who clean & irons) + cooking (for me, my husband & Sasha since he is 5 months) + all the "+++" when there is guests (And beleive me, there is lots of guest when a baby is there) well I can say that I'm litterally struggeling. I dont have time to go swimming more than 20mn here & then, I havent seen a manucure for a year, I dont have time to get a appointment to get wax (promess mamaS, I try to book it next week & tell you when it is if I manage to...), I dont even have time to join you for lunch on week days as nobody can cover for me even if Sasha is asleep! When there is guests, I have to stick on Sasha's schedule (up at 7:00 even if we went out the night before) then meal at 12:00 then nap for 1 to 2 hours then snack at 4pm then home at 6:30 to get the bath ready for 7pm) so I dont enjoy the visits as much as I should.

All of this to warmly recommend you to get a helper before to struggle like me: I'm now pregnant so sick & exhausted and I still have to take 100% care of Sasha as the helper I'm hiring will start in July when I come back from holidays.

This is not a life !! Or at least not the life I signed for when we deceided to go for adventure and come in HK ! I feel like a slave of my son and I dont want to feel that way because I will end not apreciating the moments I spend with him as I should. As I'm approaching that zone, I'm happy to have finally hired someone...

Think about it the moms to be who dont want a helper to intrude and like me you'll realize that, having not other option in HK, it's a good way to be your self in addition of being a mum !

Hope you didnt get bored reading but I throught it could help other to share my experience...
    Take all care of you & good luck with all the shopping ! (ps: we bourght a PegPerego Pramette with carseat which is a great pram very confortable & safe but I have to admit a lit heavy so now that he is a bit bigger we are switching to a McLaren)
    Alexandra
    :yeah2 :yeah2

Hi Alex,

No, i didn't get bored reading your post ;-) i liked it.

I am in the process of hiring a helper (hopefully she's a good one for us), she'll be here by August so i can train her in advance. I can't imagine who will boil the water, wash the clothes, prepare the meal once i've given birth, and i'm used to a live in helper so no problem with that.

Are you getting a first time helper or has working experience in HK? I have 2 good choices but i pick the first timer. Hey, for your info, the salary has increased to $3,400.

For the home visits, you mean i can also book for 2 viists only. Most of them do the package which is 5 minimum, and i dont' think i need them that long.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrays
    . Annerley and Everdawn midwives also do classes but not heard back from them yet.
    Sunrays
    Hi Sunrays,

Exactly the same thing for me, had left a message and my number but it seems they are not interested with our business. I'm thinking if i get either one of them for home visits, and they don't return my call if i need them. Forget it, there are other good midwife services. Yvonne answered my email within a day, called her and talked to me even if her class is starting in a few minutes.

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

post partum !

Quote Originally Posted by mamaS
    Hi Alex,

For the home visits, you mean i can also book for 2 viists only. Most of them do the package which is 5 minimum, and i dont' think i need them that long.

No idea how others do as I was with Sarah Pickup. I didnt take a package, she adviced me to come at least twice & I called her when I wanted.
    :yeah2 :yeah2

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    I also have e-mailed Annerley, around 3 days ago and heard nothing back from them.
    Recieved this today from the Matilda,

'Matilda International hospital will be running a set of 6 antenatal
    classes on Wednesdays Jul 26- Aug 30 at 19:30- 21:30 and the cost is
    HK$2000 per couple. For further information or bookings please do not
    hesitate to contact us on 2849 0357 or email to [email protected].'

Kind regards,
    Hilda

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast