Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Oct Expectant Buddies

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    Hey Susie,
    The helper I hire has only 1 year 1/2 of working in HK but she is taking care of 4 children (including 2 twins of 1yo) and of thehousehold with her mum. She is young but seems to have good contact with Sasha (I write "seems" on purpose as we just got to see twice before I hire her, I really admire these family who can hire from overseas without even have met the helper!). Hpe it goes well as it's the first time we have a helper.
    :yeah2 :yeah2

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi Becky,

Yvonne said her course is focus on Hk deliveries, and not just for normal birth. Day 2 is on CS and epidural. Let me know if you're going to do it with her, i'm still thinking between her and canossa which is convenient to my place.

Hi Alex,

Actually this is my 3rd time to have a helper ;-) Mine is "new" in hk but she's here now as a tourist so i was able to interview and see her personally.

Little-Bub is offline Registered User
    Hey all,

Was lovely to meet Gidget and Matty last Friday and catch up on some unadulterated baby talk!!

I just had my 20 week scan with Dr.Ho today, it was such a relief to hear that everything is normal as all my friends have said that I'm a bit small for 5 months. We have decided not to find out the sex of the baby, but we saw that the little-one had very big feet.

I would love to join you all for the antenatal classes but I'm going back to the UK for a month in July and I don't get back till 14 August. Is anyone hoping to start the classes in August??

About help, we have decided to get an ammah and already met 2 very well-qualified Filipinas, recommended to us by friends. As we only need one, perhaps someone might like to meet the other? Just let me know...

Gidget:

The high street shops that sell maternity clothes in the UK are;
    Next
    Topshop
    H&M
    Marks and Spencer
    Dorothy Perkins
    New Look
    Mothercare
    Boots

There is also some boutique shops in London:

Seraphine

28 Kensington Church Street
    London,W8
    0207 937 3156
    (you can also try on the Elle McPherson nursing bra I was talking about)

Crave Maternity
    Lilliput Nursery Equipment and Toys
    255 Queenstown Road
    Battersea
    London
    SW8 3N

Hope you find something nice.

Best
    Little-Bub

Ok, What I'm going to write has nothing to see with being pregnant and due in october but I promessed that I would tell mamaS about it and if one or two more of you are interested, tell me !

I took an appointment at my place (mid levels just above the botanical garden)
    on wednesday at 11am with an indian lady recommended by Rani who does beauty treatments. She is goind to wax me (home made natural products wax) full leg & bikini (300$) and I think mamaS wanted to do her eyebrow (50$). As I can nearly call myself an expert on waxing in HK as I tested 4 different beauty salons who were all expensive, painful and not very well done work, I thougt it would be nice to offer you to try this one out (as Rani my gourou on HK good things tipped me on this one ;-)

Feel free to tell me if your interrested so I can advice the lady how many personne she'll have to do.

Alexandra

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Alex,

$50 for eyebrow? i know it's already cheap, but the one i'm using is just $20. hhmmm.......or maybe it's bec. it's home service, i go to her place so it's only $20.

rani is offline Administrator
    Alex,

I'm blushing. Tell her that there's 2 of you and she may give you a discount. Also, she's very quick so if she misses any spots don't be afraid to tell her.

Enjoy!

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    Alex,

I'm blushing. Tell her that there's 2 of you and she may give you a discount. Also, she's very quick so if she misses any spots don't be afraid to tell her.

Enjoy!

Rani
    Ok, advice taken !
    Enjoy... enjoy... I don't know if I will really "enjoy" a it's not my favorite time of the months (why? whyyyyy did God spared men from periods & waxing and not women?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by mamaS
    Alex,

$50 for eyebrow? i know it's already cheap, but the one i'm using is just $20. hhmmm.......or maybe it's bec. it's home service, i go to her place so it's only $20.
    oh...
    Well, let me know if you're in or not anyway...
    The thing is that for 50$ you have the pleasure of my company and free drinks in my fridge ;-) (and also you hear Sasha speak his own language and crawl to bite you even if his babysitter trys to stop him!)

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast