Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Oct Expectant Buddies

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

At my last visit I was 28 weeks but the baby's head was measuring 30 weeks and 3 days. This worried me too, but the Doctor said that as long as was in proportion with the rest of the body was not a problem. The Doctor also estimated that at 28 weeks our baby was three pounds or just over!!
    He said it was all down to genetics (I am of average size etc. but my husband is tall and broad and was a huge baby); he also said it wasn't much fun for Mum if the baby's head was big so I'm a little worried too!

daisy is offline Registered User
    HI Bekyboo,

im to see my doc every two weeks now, i forgot to ask him how heavy is the baby. but im above average so as my husband. pretty scary, i plan to do vaginal delivery.

what about u?..

Hi,

I'm also seeing my Doctor every two weeks; and I plan to have vaginal delivery too which is pretty scary- but I figure because this is my first baby and so I don't know how painful labour is, even if our baby is big, for me it will just be what labour feels like.
    Whereas if I'd had a smaller baby already, then I would have something to compare it too and may find it more painful!
    Am preparing myself for a lot of pain anyway- and plan to have plenty of drugs on standby.
    My husband was a huge baby and as a consequence was born early- he was born four weeks early and weighed 8.5 pounds; so there is a chance that a baby who is going to be big may be born a little earlier at a more reasonable weight!

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User

Transportation from hospital

Can anyone tell me if hk hospitals have any rules on how to transport the baby out of the hospital. I mean, is having a stroller or a carrier necessary for the hospital staff to allow us to bring our baby home? In California, mothers are not allowed to carry their newborns in their arms and so the carrier is necessary. Also, they must have safely installed the carseat/carrier in their cars and is safe for transport.
    Last edited by SyL; 08-07-2006 at 06:46 PM.

I don't think the hospitals have any rules on transporting the baby home- but probably a good idea to ask them.
    If they don't have any rules- they should!

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User
    Thank you, Bekyboo44. I'll make sure to ask.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi Gidget,

I also got the infant insert for the ergo carrier, haven't figure it out yet how to do it, my husband tried it and he said we can learn it later

Where did you get your AIO? there's a lot of choices for cloth nappies that it's confusing which one to get. I got the pocket diaper, i guess it's almost the same as AIO.

The bag that i got is not so nice, it's just the classic design, but with that price, i'm so happy. My regret is not having the other one that i was holding, there were only two left, i saw it at the shop and it's still there for 6k, too bad my budget is for one bag only. Once the baby is here, i might not be buying expensive bags anymore

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

Back from France !

Hello Ladies,

I'm back from my long holidays and welcomed by typhoons, baby fever & sooo tired !!! As you can see my holidays were useless ;-)

SyL, concerning the hospital rules, I dont think there is as I carried him in my car seat and most of my friends, delivering at Matilda like me or in other hospitals, public or privates carried their baby in a baby carrier.

How is everyone coping? Not too tired with that heat and your bellys?
    Don't hesitate to pop questions whenever you need to as I delivered not so long time ago (15 months nearly) in Matilda (normal delivery, epidural, episiotomy but not too bad experience as I'm doing it again -16 weeks preggy now and it's a baby girl !)

Take all good care of you + bab'
    Alexandra

Quote Originally Posted by SyL
    Can anyone tell me if hk hospitals have any rules on how to transport the baby out of the hospital. I mean, is having a stroller or a carrier necessary for the hospital staff to allow us to bring our baby home? In California, mothers are not allowed to carry their newborns in their arms and so the carrier is necessary. Also, they must have safely installed the carseat/carrier in their cars and is safe for transport.
    :yeah2 :yeah2

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast