Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

help a foreign mom choose a local primary school

ctrbabe1 Guest

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I am in much the same situation, only on HK Island. I can not find hardly any info online in English. Can anyone help me find a listing of local school close to Pokfulam (or surrounding areas), or have any they could recommend? My daughter just turned 3 and we would really like to enrol her for September...

hunhun is offline Registered User

List of schools

Katie,

This may be what you are looking for (Primaries for Island South):-
    http://embhsc.hkedcity.net/primary/

Good Luck!

Last edited by hunhun; 05-17-2006 at 05:14 PM.

HKside is offline Registered User

Kiangsu & Chekiang Primary ( Kindergartens) School has both a local section and an international section. Of course, the local section is much cheaper and more to budget to most. It's on the Hong Kong side. School bus can take care of all location problems.

To consider one closer to Pokfulam, Rightmind Kindergarten may be good to try.

newbies is offline Registered User

Lightbulb

This link is classmateasia archive site that I find to be Great source.

kiwimango_88 is offline Registered User

classmate asia

this website seems to be closed?? thanks, also, the government education website does provide a list of primary schools, but there is no way of finding which schools are good and which secondary schools are band one schools

which part of HK do you live ? Prefer local school or international school ?

kiwimango_88 is offline Registered User

Smile band one schools

i live near Tai Koo, and need information on local and international kindergarten and primary school as my daughter will be in kindergarten this september and need ot apply for Primary at the same time too
    thanks

Tai Koo belongs to the HK east area.

Local Kindies, the closer and popular one will be Victoria. The other one is Kiangsu and Chekiang. Both have primary section.

Victoria's primary section will be moving to Sham Wan of Wong chuk hang in 2007. They follow the International Bacculaureate system of education, having 2 teachers in a class using both English and Mandarin. No exams just assessment all through the school years.

Kiangsu and Chekiang (KCS), is a mandarin school with half hour english in the kindie everyday. A multi-nationed kindie section. Japanese, British/Americans, Canadians, Taiwanese. The primary section, however, has less of the mixed nations. Most of them must have gone to ESF or other international schools. KCS, however, has an international section (KCIS) for Kindie, primary and secondary using the British Curr., similar to ESF. Previously, the kindies from this international section can go straight to ESF but afer the opening of its own primary section, the connection was cut.

There is only one local english primary school on HK east i.e.Salesian english school. If english is not an issue, there are a few band one local school for you to review, like North Point Government School, CCC Kei Wan Primary Sch (Aldrich Bay) and HKUGA Primary School.

The nearest International school will be Delia School of Canada but I don't think it has a kindie section. The other closer ones will be Korean Intenational Sch, KCIS (just mentioned above) and the Chinese International Sch. These 3 have Kindie sections.

See if this helps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast