Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Calpol

Simplyso is offline Registered User

Calpol

I'm moving from the UK to HK in 6 weeks time. Can anyone tell me if Calpol is sold in HK or should I stock up before I come. If Calpol is not available, what is the next best thing?

aldougie is offline Registered User
    They sell it in Bumps 2 Babes - more expensive than the UK and I used to buy in bulk as occasionally they would run out before the next ship arrived.

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    They also sell Calpol in Watsons and Mannings, which are the major chemists out here. The bottles are not as big as the ones at home and I've yet to find a sugar free version, but it is readily available.

Good luck with the move

Jools

Simplyso is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the replies. I've got a three year old and a seven month old who will be reassured to know their "wonder drug" is available.

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    i'v only really used the panadol given to me by our pediatrician. can anyone tell me if calpol is better or more effective?

my baby seems to be teething and was really irritated last night. could i give her some calpol?

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi Mammalicious,

I think they're basically the same stuff. I use Calpol because it's what I've always used at home. I have used Panadol whilst on holiday, though didn't find it as effective. It is probably pyschological and more to do with brand loyalty than anything else. As I say I just prefer Calpol because it's what I'm used to. I hope that helps.

I found Calpol really helpful with teething with both my children. We actually say, 'The wonders of Calpol", in our house, once we've given it to them and they stop crying almost immediately.

Jools

mummybee is offline Registered User
    can i ask other than bumps and babes, where else can i go to get calgel?
    i have called up at least a dozen places. got the calpol though, will try tonight!

aldougie is offline Registered User
    Jools - B2B do the sugar free sachets if you are looking for sugar free. T