Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

visiting HongKong help

LeanneP is offline Registered User

Smile visiting HongKong help

Hi there,

We will be visiting HongKong with our 3 small children for 2 weeks from next weekend. Can anyone share any must do activites for under 5s in HongKong? So far we are planning on visiting Disneyland and Ocean(park/world?). Are there any really good playgrounds/playcentres/aquatic centres/pools etc that you would recommend we should vist?
    (We are staying initially at the Gold Coast Hotel for a few days first and then will be privately renting in Tsuen Wan)
    Where are the best places to shop (when buying for kids)? My kids interests are Dora the Explorer, Thomas the tank engine, Disney Princesses, Maisy Mouse, Strawberry shortcake. My little boy is wanting to buy more wooden thomas the tank engine trains - anyone know anywhere cheap to buy these things? Do any of the department stores sell wooden train tracks/accessories which are compatible with the thomas range.

And how about rechargable batteries? Are they cheap/easy to come by in Hong Kong? Here they are rare and really expensive so we would like to stock up if possible.

Weather wise, what is it likely to be like in about a week? What sort of clothes do you think I should pack? Can you recommend any family friendly restaurants?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am sure I'll be back with more questions as well.

rads is offline Banned
    Tung Chung
    Hi Leanee,

My son is crazy abt Thomas as well...I've seen the set at Sogo department store in Causeway bay....

The climate here will probably be a bit warm & humid for you If your coming over from AUS..but you may want to pack a light Jacket your for young ones as the air conditioning on most public transport is really cold...

rads is offline Banned
    Tung Chung
    u get the recharable battries almost everywhere...but their cheaper at the local Chinese Electronic shops...

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong

We sell the Thomas wooden trains on ShopinHK
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com