Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any experience with Sunshine House & Woodland

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

Any experience with Sunshine House & Woodland

Does anyone have experience of Sunshine House or Woodland (Panda pre-school) at Chi Fu? What do you think about these schools? Thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    Wee Kean,

Have you been to visit the 2 schools? I saw Sunshine 3 months after it opened and the facility is great! But they seemed quite disorganized. The few moms from Baguio who went for a tour also got the same impression. I have met a couple of moms who absolutely rave about it. This one little girl that we met at D's mandarin class has been going there for a year now and speaks excellent Mandarin.

The Woodlands group has been in HK for over 25 years. The curriculum is good and a couple of teachers from Kennedy School have commented that they prepare the kids for P1 the best in the area.
    Last edited by rani; 03-21-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Thanks Rani. I have visited both schools and would like to hear what other mothers think about these schools.

Rani, where do you send D for Mandarin lesson? Thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi,

I signed up D for the Mandarin Playgroup at the YWCA. It was run by Kate from Yifan Mandarin.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Thanks Rani!

siugongon is offline Registered User
    I also plan to send my son to either Sunshine House (the Peak) or Woodland in Happy Valley. What do you think about these 2? Would like to hear more!

longfung is offline Registered User
    I went to view Happy Valley Woodland 3-4 yrs ago when we were doing research for our elder son. The place was tiny and too much people in there and my husband saw the principal smoking in the outdoor area. we were not at all impressed and back out.
    Now we are searching for our 14 months girl , we wanted her to attend ESF so naturally woodland will be the priority and we had choosen Morrison Hill campus back in Jan for her to start in July but the building they are in need to be returned hence moving to aberdeen which is too far away from us so now I nee dto review Happy Valley again. I was being opened to the supervisor at MH about my impression of HV , she said I am not the first one to say that . she suggested me to have another look and they had a new principal which was working at ESF. So has anyone been there or have kids studying there that can share feed back with us.
    Regards

HappyV is offline Registered User
    All the Sunshine Houses have issues with high staff turnover - they have had this problem for years and years, and it seems to affect them more than other kimdergartens.
    Woodlands hire very experienced staff, and have a very good curriculum and teaching style. I always feel that Sunshine house is a bit more add hoc - depends on who is there at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast