Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First shoes

Sumei is offline Registered User

First shoes

hi,

my son is 14 months old and properly walking and I'd like to switch him from his Bobux (soft leather) shoes to proper shoes as I'm told he needs shoes with proper support. I haven't a clue what's appropriate (any specific brand?) so would appreciate some advice/guidelines and also where to get them in HK!

Thanks alot!!

rani is offline Administrator

Sumei,

Start-rite shoes are one of the best first shoes, but they are expensive. Footstop stocks them and they will measure yr child's feet and ensure they fit properly. Also, there's Dr Kong with outlets all over HK.

Have a read through this thread on Shoes for Toddlers:

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/thread106984.html

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Sumei is offline Registered User

great, thanks Rani!

TanyaH is offline Registered User

Sogo also has a clarks - which also measures feet, if that is easier for you but foot stop is much better

Sandrine is offline Registered User

I've been looking around for children's shoes and finally tried Footstop in Central as recommended by some parents here and have to admit that their fitting service is great. The sales assistant is really professional. What she did was she measured my child’s feet first and then took out some 5 or 6 pairs of shoes for her to try on. It turned out that my child needs a bigger size than the measured size. She tried on some 9 or 10 pairs before finding a pair that fits (they only recommend a pair that fits) and the whole process took about an hour.

When she was doing the fitting, she explained to me why this pair didn't fit and why that pair wouldn't be recommended after my child had tried them on. There was this one pair which was not wide enough and my child’s baby toes bulged on the shoes. Another pair offered little room for her feet to grow. Then one pair was too flat for her high insteps. Another pair needed extra holes on the straps for a correct fit…etc. There were finally 2 pairs that we liked and we were a bit undecided about which pair to buy. Instead of asking us to buy both, the shop assistant suggested us buying one pair first and she would hold the other pair for us for 2 days. I ended up buying both for $580 (with 50% discount for sales items) which I think is a good deal. The start rite shoes are expensive but they're nice (leather upper, natural fibre lining, made in England, fits well with allowance for growing feet). Anybody tried Dr. Kong's. How’s their service? Some months ago, I visited Dr. Shoes in Festival Walk but their shoes were equally expensive (mostly over $500 with very few discount items). Besides, the sales assistant there was very snobbish and she kept correcting me and boasted how professional their advice was, that they were about the only shoe company in the world that received thank you letters from their customers. I just looked around and decided not to shop there.

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Rani,

Just looking the first shoes for my baby, saw this dicussion, may I know where is "footstop"

Bear Lau:

rani is offline Administrator
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Thanks a lot.

Bear Lau:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast