Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dentist help please

jaetee is offline Registered User

Dentist help please

I know how important it is to get the teeth/gums in good health before trying to get pregnant, so am trying to find a dentist who can do the usual exam and cleaning, but who isnt overly expensive since I do not have insurance coverage yet (need 12 months in coverage before dental benefits can be used).

Any dentist recommendations? I read about Dr. Lee on this site, but not sure how much he charges.

What is a general pricing guideline for an exam and cleaning? In the US it was under US$100 for both, and wondering if it is about the same in HK.

Thanks so much for advice/suggestions. :)

Sara is offline Registered User
    Our toddler saw Dr. Raymond Lee in Central last December. The charge was $500 for consultation, cleaning, and stain removal. I'm not sure about the charge for an adult, but wouldn't think it'll be much more than for a child. Maybe you'd like to call up his clinic and enquire? Tel: 25211663

Our son also saw Dr. Denise Giles at the Adventist Hospital. Her charge (as of last June) was $400. Tel: 28350500

We like both dentists equally. We only switched to Dr. Lee because of his more convenient location.

Bets is offline Registered User
    I just had an appointment this weekend with Dr. Lee at the American Dental Group (I assume that this is the same Dr. that you mentioned). I was very, very pleased with his manner would recommend him to anyone that asks. Also, the hygienist, Irene was fantastic as well. I am 13 weeks pregnant. They were both very sensitive to that and offered a lot of advice.

The cleaning/polish and exam cost $900. Office phone 2522 2661.

Hope this helps.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Bayley & Jackson have branches all over HK. I don't know their charges, because I only go to them for cleaning which is covered by my health plan. But, all the dentists I've encountered working for them were great.

Bayley & Jackson
    http://www.bjdental.com/

There's a list of numbers on the web page and I guess you could call them and ask their pricing.

Thanks for the recommendations, I really do appreciate them.

I did call Dr. Lee's office but was told they dont provide any pricing over the phone - the only time they will give pricing (even range for simple cleaning) is after the mandatory check up. :(

rani is offline Administrator
    We saw Dr Lee last month as well. Lovely man and his nurse is so warm and friendly. Cleaning for me was $900 and for D $200 for his 1st checkup (no cleaning).
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Thanks Rani - did the $900 include the check up fee as well, or was that extra? And when you scheduled the appointment, did they let you schedule the cleaning after the checkup, or did you have to go two separate times?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

rani is offline Administrator
    Yes the $900 included the check-up as well. Did it all in one visit. When you call just let Irene know you are coming in for yr annual check-up + cleaning.

HTH
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast